A Matter of Time [Ghost of Christmas Past]

The way things were when (Y/N) was still around... those were the days I would smile and feel happy. I haven't felt that a single moment since she died... I don't think I ever will...

"Past, is everything alright?" Present asked as he and Future came up to me with worried expressions on their faces.

"Yep. Fit as a fiddle..." I muttered, sighing as I looked to the ground.

It was on Christmas Day that (Y/N) had died, and that's why Christmas isn't the same for me. I doubt it ever will be.

Future shook his head, he knew what was wrong with me. I knew he could tell.

"You're thinking about (Y/N) again, aren't you?" Present asked as I nodded. I didn't like keeping secrets from my friends.

"Why don't you go see her? You can travel into the past, can't you?" Present wondered. I could, but if I messed with the flow of time, things would be messed up. If I tried to see her again, to stop her from sacrificing her life... the present and the future would be altered.

I looked up to the sky and forced a grin onto my face.

"In some universe, (Y/N) is still alive, snuggling up next to me. But in this universe, she's dancing among the clouds, waiting for me. One day, I'll see her again. It's only a matter of time..."