Homesick - Jikook

When the sunlight made contact with his closed eyes, Jungkook awoke slowly, groaning in annoyance when he felt a headache set in. 

They were allowed to lie in this morning after a 12-hour dance practice the day before. The band was so occupied with  preparing the tour and finishing up the choreographies for its new songs that the members didn't get to have much sleep. 

Jungkook turned to look at the red numbers glowing on his clock to see that it was still early in the morning. Too early. After trying, and failing, to fall back asleep for some time, he finally decided to get up. He could feel his limbs protest at the movement, a little sore after all the dancing they did. 

This day was going to be difficult. 

They debuted just a year ago and the amount of pression they felt seemed to have doubled overnight. He remembered how it was as a trainee, waking up at ungodly hours to train until you couldn't feel your feet anymore. He recalled all the times he, and the others, cracked under the pressure, crying themselves to sleep several nights. 

It was an understatement to say he was glad it was over.

However, he still felt a bit uncomfortable with the other members. First, he was the maknae, the youngest of the band, so that makes it hard to interact with the others, all of them being older. Second, he was shy, so very shy. When he first arrived at the dorm and met his teammates he had to wait for them to go to bed to finally be able to go showering. 

Third, he missed his home, his parents, his brother and his dog. He missed the sound of the seagulls, the smells of his city, of Busan. 

As the memories filled his mind in waves, he felt the familiar yet unwanted stinging in his eyes. He breathed in deeply and finally got up and, with as little noise as he could to not disturb the slumber of the six other members still asleep. Quietly, he tiptoed out of the snore-filled room and went to the tiny living room of their dorm. There, he slouched down on the little, worn out couch and caught himself thinking, trapped in some kind of melancholy. 

Busan. 

It's been so long since he last returned to pay a visit to his parents. He remembered their faces when they saw him leaving the family nest for the big Seoul to pursue his dream. He remembered his mom cooking, the very taste of it. He missed his calm-tempered father. He also missed this feeling,  the one he used to have when, in the morning after opening his eyes to a new day, he could see his computer sitting on his desk and waiting for him to turn it on. To play games all morning long, freely, without having to worry about anything. 

Suddenly, a wet feeling pulled Jungkook from his mind. He raised his hand to touch his face, realising that tears ran on his cheeks, down to his chin to end their way on his knees. He was crying. It was as if everything began to be too much. He cried because of the dull throbbing in his skull, he cried because of the fatigue and the soreness in his legs, he cried because of homesickness. 

Then, without him noticing, a new weight settled on the couch, right beside him. Jungkook felt a hand stroking calmly down his back as he sobbed quietly in his knees. 

"Kookie ? Are you alright ?" He heard a soft, sweet but still sleep-laced voice talk. The tone comforting. 

Jungkook just knew who it was and couldn't help but feel a little ashamed to be caught in a state like this. The hand traveled slowly from his back to his chin, only to lift his head up so he could finally look at the other member. 

"Do you want to talk about it ?" Jimin asked, concern clear in his eyes. 

.....................

Jimin POV

When he awoke in the bedroom to the others snoring, he knew he wouldn't fall back asleep. After stretching slightly in his bed, he got up and went to the living room. Right before he exited the room however, Jimin noticed something. Something quite weird : Jungkook was nowhere to be seen. At first, it surprised him, the maknae was well known for his capacity to sleep anywhere at any time and to be impossible to wake up. Why would he be up already when they had a free morning for once ? Finally, after about a minute, Jimin just brushed it of, telling himself that Jungkook just went to the bathroom or something. 

He didn't expect to see the maknae curled up on the sofa, crying. 

When he lifted the maknae's face, he felt his heart constrict in his chest. Jungkook's cheeks were flushed and damp from the tears leaking from his now red, impossibly sad eyes. 

It has only been a little over a year since he knew the maknae but he had quickly built a soft spot for the youngest of the group. They came from the same city so their relationship was a bit different compared to the ones with the rest of BTS. Jimin kind of felt like a brother. He needed to know what was troubling his dongsaeng.

"I feel like it's too much hyung" Jungkook responded, his voice raspy from all the crying. "I don't know what to think."

"Can you explain Kookie ? I can't help if I don't know what's wrong." Jimin said, trying not to push the maknae if he wasn't in the mood to say anything. 

"I...I ha..I have a headache and I'm tired and my legs hurt an..and I miss my home Hyung...I miss it so much." 

The older boy understood everything then. The lack of sleep and their really packed schedules were beginning to take a toll on the youngest. He knew that feeling all too well and he couldn't imagine how hard it was for someone as young as Jungkook. A fifteen-year-old boy, far away from his family.

"It's okay Jungkook-ah. It's fine to be overwhelmed sometimes, we all are. That's why you can always come to see anyone of us when you feel like that okay ?" He made eye contact with his little brother and began to dry his tears with a swipe of his thumb. "I know you miss your family, I do as well..."

"You sure don't seem like you do Jimin-ssi...You look so strong compared to-"

"Please Kookie don't be hard on yourself" Jimin cut him. "Maybe we don't show it the same way you do but we all have our ways to cope you know ? Suga hyung spends all his time in his studio because working helps him. Hoseok hyung skypes his sister a lot... See ? you're not alone in this." He finished, a warm smile displayed on his face. He could see Jungkook's eyes regain their usual sparkles. 

"Thank you Hyung" Jungkook said, leaning a bit more on Jimin. 

The maknae felt better after Jimin's arriving. He no longer was ashamed of the situation he was found in. The atmosphere wasn't heavy but warm and comforting, his hyung stroking his hair absentmindedly. 

"You know what ?" Jimin suddenly asked, breaking the silence that had settled a few minutes ago. Jungkook turned to him, a confused look on his face. "I think we should take a couple days off, you know, we could go to Busan, what do you think ?" He proposed. 

Jimin didn't need a response, he just knew it when he saw the expression on the younger's face. 

"YES ! Thank you so much Jimini !" Jungkook exclaimed, jumping to his feet from the newly found joy he felt. 

Yes, the headache still pounded slightly in his skull but Jungkook finally felt like himself again. He was looking forward to see his family after so much time. He was so glad his hyung found him. He was so happy to have a second family he could count on. 

"Oy ! It's Hyung to you !"Jimin reprimanded trying to sound offended but obviously failing. 

Author's note :

Hey guys ! I hope this first one-shot pleased you ^^" 

Since I'm French, please forgive me for any grammar mistakes I made and feel free to point them out ;) 

I'm opened to suggestions if you want me to write something you would like to read  ^^ (I just do not make smuts)

Bye bye ! :*