so many reasons to be thankful

Summary:

It's Cheryl's first Thanksgiving as a Serpent. Having grown up rich she is used to professionally prepared extravagant feasts. Toni is worried her girlfriend isn't going to enjoy a trailer park Thanksgiving consisting of boxed mac and cheese and instant potatoes, but she doesn't realize Thanksgiving is about much more than the food.

Set after 03x05

Cheryl Blossom always loved the holiday season

Cheryl Blossom always loved the holiday season. Thanksgiving was no exception. She loved waking up every Thanksgiving to the smells wafting from the kitchen. The staff her parents employed would prepare the most delectable dishes for her family's Thanksgiving dinner. Green beans with caramelized onions and almonds, cranberry chutney with orange, figs, and cinnamon, maple roasted carrots, bourbon glazed shallots, roasted brussel sprouts, potatoes au gratin, and browned butter mashed potatoes were some of the dishes she was used to seeing on the Thanksgiving table, along with an elegantly prepared 20-25lb turkey.

There was always an excess of food leftover as it was far too much for the five Blossoms to finish on their own. Penelope insisted they never share it with the house staff as they may get spoiled to the quality of food they would never be able to obtain otherwise. Leftovers were never allowed either, as it diminished the quality, and Blossoms only ate the very best. Therefore after dinner the food was tossed out into the garbage.

The Thanksgivings of her past were far from what her girlfriend grew up experiencing. Toni's Thanksgivings were that of instant potatoes and jars of premade gravy. The two scenarios could not have been more different, and yet this year Cheryl had decided to join Toni and the Serpents for their annual Thanksgiving potluck. At first Toni had been ecstatic, but the more she thought about it, the more she worried her girlfriend wouldn't get the annual holiday experience she was anticipating.

-

"Are you sure about this, Cher?"

Cheryl huffed, "Yes, TT, I'm sure. Do you not want me there?"

"What? No! Of course that isn't it," Toni countered, worried she was being misunderstood. "This just won't be like a Thanksgiving your used to. The Serpents don't exactly have a professional chef on standby."

"So you think I'm going to act like it's beneath me," Cheryl stated emotionlessly.

"Shit, no," Toni argued. "This is not coming out right at all."

"If you don't want me to come just say so."

Toni ran her hand through her hair, "I'm really fucking this up. Cher," she took both of Cheryl's hands in her own, "I want you there. I promise."

"Then what is the problem, Toni?"

"Babe, you grew up in the life of luxury. I can only imagine the feasts you had every year. My Thanksgivings consisted of a bucket of extra crispy and instant mac and cheese. I know Betty invited you to the Coopers', and I just want to make sure you wouldn't enjoy that more. Don't think for a second it's because I don't want you to come with me."