I Can Dance and Play the Part (If That's What You Ask)

Geraldine Grundy- Jennifer Gibson is dead, and Amy's day can only go downhill. Between another shooting and Jughead's first day at Southside High, tensions are running high and no one knows what will come next.

Chapter title is from Human by Christina Perri

WARNING: (not-explicit?) sexual content and discussion of underage sex- consensual, but underage nonetheless, and (not that she's realized it yet) Amy has a messed up understanding of sex. Please do not take it to mean that I agree, or even approve, but the reasons will get explored throughout the fic

Also I feel like I should have mentioned this at some point but I imagine that Riverdale is somewhere in New York State or New Jersey- I'm not really sure where exactly, but we know that the Blossoms and Hiram have both had involvement in drug trade shit and with the real world opioid crisis in America, the drugs come primarily from New Jersey, so I sort of imagine that Sweet Water River stems off of the Hudson

(Cast Not Your Stone at the) Wayward Daughter

I Can Dance and Play the Part (If That's What You Ask)

Amy woke up to sunlight streaming through the windows of the Jeep. As she opened her eyes, she found that she had been using Sweet Pea's chest as a pillow, one arm wrapped tightly around his middle and both of his holding her. Looking up, she saw that he was still asleep, although the way he squinted his eyes told her that he'd be up soon. Turning her head, she saw that Fangs was still asleep but that Toni was awake and had her camera out.

"I don't understand you morning people," Amy said, rubbing her eyes.

"Sunrises are the best time to take pictures," Toni replied, lifting her camera to take a picture of Amy's pout. "Now put the pout away and get dressed- you've got to get to the Northside and we have shit to talk about before you go."

"Yes Ma'am—" Amy saluted— "Could you help me wake Sweet Pea though? He's fucking heavy."

Toni smirked, pulling out her phone. "It would be my pleasure," she teased. A moment later the opening riff from Eye of the Tiger blasted through the car, and both boys jolted awake.

"What the shit, Topaz?" Sweet Pea demanded.

"Needed to wake you up," Toni said with a shrug.

"Bitch," he said, smiling fondly.

"Yeah but you love me. Anyways, we've got to talk. I got a text from Lottie that Jughead's first actual day at Southside is today and she was supposed to give him his tour, but she's not going to be at school today so she passed it off to me."

"So Jones is actually coming to Southside... I figured he'd say 'screw it' and stay at Riverdale High," Amy mused.

"Guess not—" Toni shrugged, unconcerned—"but we need to be on the same page about how we're doing this."

"I think... I think we need to offer him our protection," Amy admitted.

"Really, babe?" Fangs asked—he had been so quiet that Amy almost forgot he was awake. "I thought you hated him."

Amy sighed, "I do. But he's FP's son, and he'd want us to look out for him. And more importantly, he's—maybe not a Serpent, but Serpent-Adjacent. People know that, there's no way people don't know that. If we aren't seen as at least offering protection, Ghoulies are going to smell blood in the water and stir up a whole lot of shit that we just don't have the time to deal with right now. No need to be all buddy-buddy or whatever, but offer him protection, invite him to our side of the cafeteria—not our table though—and suggest that he wears the jacket, since I'm entirely sure he won't be. More than anything we need to make sure that whatever happens is on him, not on us, and that even if I hate him, and he hates Serpents, we don't let anyone fuck with him and get away with it."