Terror Made Me Cruel

Chapter title is from Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

NOTE: okay so Fangs' real name (in the comics) is Edward, which is where Eddie comes from. My HC for Sweet Pea's name is Lathyrus (which is the sweet pea's latin name), which is where Lath comes from

WARNING: oh god... so canon violence (the penny tattoo scene, a recap of archie being buried alive), implied sexual content (healthy communication about comfort zones!!!), and pretty implicit past pedophilia/underage sex between Penny Peabody and a teen serpent

So FP didn't retire, instead he became Penny's drug mule, Jughead and the poly squad had sex, the Black Hood is still around, and it's just about time for Christmas

(Cast Not Your Stone at the) Wayward Daughter

Terror Made Me Cruel

Amy winced as the harsh sunlight streamed in through the trailer window, lifting an arm to shield her eyes. She felt, more than saw, her bedmates doing the same, and was struck with regret for not closing the blinds the night before.

Thankfully Toni was a morning person, and had no problem getting out of bed and taking care of that, smiling fondly while the other four rubbed the sleep out of their eyes. As their eyes adjusted to the light, they started taking in their various stages of undress—Toni herself was in knickers and Sweet Pea's shirt, the boy clad just in boxers. Fangs was wearing boxers and his shirt, and Jughead was fully nude, a stark contrast to Amy who was still wearing her dress from the night before, although her knickers had disappeared somewhere under the covers.

She watched as they, slowly growing more aware, seemed to remember the night before, biting back a laugh as Jughead seemed to become aware of his own nudity, flushing red. Amy seemed to have no such qualms, stripping off her dress, and reaching to the floor to pull on Jughead's boxers. It seemed that the change from a dress to his boxers was what finally reminded Jughead of everything that had happened the previous night, as he looked at her awkwardly.

"So, last night—"

"Last night was fun," Amy interrupted, "you're better than I expected from a virgin."

"But we—"

"We did. Regrets?"

"I mean no—"

"So what's the problem?"

"Last time... Last time you told me that you didn't, you know—do that—with anyone other than these guys."

"Yeah, my policy is only oral outside of the group, what's your point?"

Jughead could feel her tense up, the bed too small for anyone not to be touching, and tried to keep his own voice calm. He would have appreciated if any of the others would step in, but he knew that this was something that he and Amy needed to talk about.

"My point," he said softly, "is that you broke that policy last night."

Amy took a breath, and when she spoke, both her face and voice were blank.

"So what?" she asked, more passive than Jughead had ever seen her.

If he didn't know better, he would have thought that she didn't care. But he did know better—it wasn't that she didn't care, he realized, it was that she shut herself down. It was how she protected herself. The blank looks, waiting for whoever she was talking to to lay their cards on the table? It had never been that she didn't care; it was that she cared too much. He was starting to understand the dangers of being vulnerable among the Serpents, and after what Amy had told him the day before, he understood how precarious her position actually was. People respected her, but a lot of them didn't particularly like her, and any sign of weakness would quickly be used against her.