In Love and Hate

In the wake of the Bulldogs v Serpents Showdown, Amy has to do some major damage control. As if that weren't enough, suddenly Jughead wants to become a full fledged Serpent, and she's being invited to some Northside open house. Well, at least she got a good night's sleep

Chapter title is from Lord of the Flies by William Goulding

Also lmao I recently realized that apparently they're supposedly juniors but I thought that they were sophomores? So I'm just sticking with that because it just works better for me

As always, feel free to check this story out on AO3 (by randomestfandoms) for imbedded images!

WARNING: underage drinking, Nick St. Clair, canon typical violence, and (non graphic) consensual underage sex (which is at the very end of the chapter, so if you don't want to read it then just stop when they go to bed after the gauntlet

(Cast Not Your Stone at the) Wayward Daughter

In Love and Hate

Amy woke up Saturday morning, feeling surprisingly relaxed. Tucked into Fangs' small bed, surrounded on either side by her partners, with The Princess Bride's menu page in the background, she could almost forget about the outside world.

Unfortunately that peace didn't last long, as the events from the day before rushed back to her.

She climbed over Sweet Pea, padding over to Fangs' dresser, digging through his drawers until she found a suitable outfit. After a few minutes of contemplation, she settled on black skinny jeans with open laces up the sides, and a lacy black bralette. She dug black eyeliner and blood red lipstick out of her jacket pocket, heading to the bathroom. She applied makeup like war paint, carefully pulling her hair into her signature ponytail, knowing that whatever awaited her at the Wyrm would be messy, and that it was crucial that she looked every bit the Serpent princess that she was.

By the time she re-entered the bedroom, her partners were all awake and getting dressed.

"Are you ready?" Fangs asked softly.

"Well, Tall Boy is going to suggest that we kill Archie, and I'm going to have to stop him, he'll probably accuse me of sleeping with him and claim that that's why I'm protecting him, and I'm going to have to remind him that FP is still king, and therefore the Andrews' are still off limits. No big deal, right?"

The question may have been rhetorical, but the need for reassurance was still there.

"No big deal," Toni agreed, "and if Tall Boy tries to start any shit, I've been wanting to kick his misogynistic ass for years."

Amy laughed, and relaxed slightly. "I'd definitely put my money on you winning that fight," she teased. "But first, everyone ready?"

Seeing three nods, she made her way to the door, grabbing her usual holster and her jacket, settling behind Sweet Pea on his bike, making a mental note that she and Toni would need to pick up their bikes from the Jones' trailer.

They pulled into the Wyrm, and Amy took a moment to collect herself before they marched in. Amy stood front and center, as she always did, with Toni beside her and the boys half a step behind. It was a show of strength, mastered over their many years of friendship, a warning that they were a unit, but without undermining Amy or Toni.

The first thing she saw when she entered the building was Jughead, in a Serpent jacket.

"Jones. What do you want from us?"