Chapter 17

"Tell me about the festival. What was your favorite part?" Goldie pushes her recorder closer to Harry and plugs in the record player in his bunk. She puts on an album. As the balls of her feet push against the ground, she paces back to the bed to sit beside her subject of study.

"Oh my goodness. Queen! Harry, we just saw Queen perform! I feel like I'm living in a dream right now. Can you pinch me?" Goldie runs her fingers through her sweaty hair and grasps the sides of his equally moist face.

"I never thought I'd say this but I couldn't concentrate on the performance. Gimme this." Harry grabs the Polaroid camera hanging around Goldie's neck and kisses the top of her cheekbone and snaps a pic of the endearing moment. "Come with me." He grabs her hand and leads her out of the crowd.

"What are you doing?" Goldie struggles to maintain the same pace as Harry, her small legs racing like the runt of a litter of hamsters

"What are you doing?" Goldie struggles to maintain the same pace as Harry, her small legs racing like the runt of a litter of hamsters. For every single stride of his, she's made to take three. "Harry, the festival is back that way."

The dingy front door of the tour bus easily opens as Harry's hand barely touches the handle. He's a man on a mission, destined to taste the forbidden fruit. This moment will be the genesis of mankind. He'll match the evil to her good and open the lid of Pandora's box to unleash the chaos of the world around them.

"I figured you'd want some privacy. I know Grimmy heard us last night. All the guys are back at camp or practicing for the show tomorrow." Harry walks backwards, his hand still laced into hers. The seats of the bus hit their hips as they blindly make their way to the back of the bus. But before he can make it all the way to his room, he stops. "I can't. Can you lay back here?"

"Here?" Goldie points to the short row of seats behind her, next to the kitchenette dining table. She sits back.

Harry kneels down in front of her and dances his fingers up and down her button fly. "I want to try something." He unbuttons the top button, the fabric digging into her milky skin. He bends down to kiss her delicate navel and unbuttons the second button of the fly of her jeans. "I couldn't even make it to my bunk. All that's been on my mind is apple pie." He looks up at her deviously, his tongue caressing the small patch of skin above the denim. He undoes the remaining three buttons at the top of her pants and digs his fingertips into the hem of her jeans and elastic of her panties, pulling the fabric down her legs and to her ankles.