Prologue

A/N: Hi Everyone! My name is Susie Ellery. I am brand new to Wattpad and this is my first story I have ever shared. I just wanted to give out a short disclaimer that I am not a professional writer, so there may be mistakes with grammar as well as plot holes, etc. I would like to ask for your patience with me. This story is a project I have been working on for years and I love it to death, and I will work hard to make sure you guys love it just as much :)

Thanks and Enjoy!

.............

Prologue: 

The night was beginning to turn into morning, and the King of Kilader couldn't sleep. His head was filled with the music that only she could play for him. Just the thought frustrated him, causing his body to tense even more. The woman that would no doubt be his queen was not here with him. No, at this hour it was a waste to even attempt to sleep.

He knew what he wanted and could not wait any longer.

"Bring me the jester." He ordered to whomever was waiting outside his chambers. He could hear them scurry on the other side of the door, not bothering to waste time. He sat up in his overly large bed, his hand in his hair as he waited impatiently. Over the last few months the need to see his future queen had increased tenfold. At first it was a simple fascination. Never had he seen such a strong young woman. A woman with determination that matched his own. However his curiosity quickly turned into an uncontrollable obsession, one where watching her from the shadows was not satisfying his desire any longer.

Just moments later there was a knock.

"Enter."

"I am here, Your Grace." The boy, not much younger than the king himself, bowed before him.

The king waved his hand, having no time for useless formalities this late into the night. "I wish to see her."

The jester, as the king liked to call the young wizard, looked confused before understanding. "Of course." He straightened his back before mumbling the ancient language to summon his magic. The king snickered at him. He found the young man quite annoying and enjoyed making him execute trivial tasks. For a wizard to yield some of the strongest magic in the kingdom only to be on the beck and call of the king for little more than party entertainment was the most humiliating of punishments.

And the king did enjoy his punishments.

His thoughts were interrupted as the image of a beautiful girl appeared.

"Sophia," He whispered.

In an indescribable violet light, his beautiful queen shined just before her figure solidified, creating the illusion that she was in the room with them. The king had requested to see her at a bad time. She was crying, something that he was becoming very familiar with in the last few weeks. She was sitting on the floor, her knees to her chest. Her eyes were red and puffy, getting worse as she rubbed them with her hands. He knew without context what must have caused her tears and also knew she would likely continue to cry herself to sleep. He said nothing as he watched her. He was so transfixed, however, that he did not noticed how enthralled his little jester was with the image of the girl as well. When she finally exhausted herself and fell asleep, The king clenched his jaw and stood. He had made his decision. Waving his hand again he dismissed the image of his affections. Immediately the young wizard dissolved his magic.

"Bring me the High Wizard," the king commanded. "It is time."