Chapter 9

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the late update, I had something come up that I really had to get done this week.  The stress is real  😭

I really appreciate those of you that continue to comment and vote every chapter I post! You guys are the best!

Enjoy!!

............

Louis' POV: 

There was no other way to express how he was feeling other than heartbreak. Sophia was basically gone. Her memories were taken from her the moment she willingly kissed Adrian. Now she was a blank slate, and there was nothing he could do about it. 

He was such a fool. He thought back to earlier that day at the marketplace. He should have known what Ellen was up to. He was aware she wouldn't have turned him down for help, not after the history they shared together. He just didn't expect her to react the way he did. She was so unbelievably jealous that she betrayed him. She sent Sophia away, into the hands of a madman.

And then her plan fell apart.

.............

"Ellen! They took her! Sophia is gone!" He was frantically pacing in the market. He should have never sent her off to get food. No, they shouldn't have even stayed the night after Ellen ran off. This was all his fault. Everything, every detail from the beginning was his fault. 

"Calm down Louis." 

"We must go after them, they can't be too far behind." He tried to walk around her, but she would not let him. Why was she so calm. Did she not realize what was happening?

The only woman that Louis had ever loved was gone from him, forever.

"Are you insane? She is already with the king's men. You have no chance of taking her away from them." 

He paused. He had kept it to himself, but as soon as he had healed Sophia he had used all of his magic. All of it. If he tried to exert himself and use any more he could kill himself. He really could do nothing to help her, but it would take weeks for his stamina to heal. How could he leave her to Adrian for that long? 

The gears in his head were grinding. Louis never considered himself a particularly smart man. But never before Sophia had he felt so stupid it hurt. He wanted to go to her, now. But he knew the outcome. Even if Louis had all of his magic back, Adrian would kill him with a vengeance and Sophia would be locked away. The only answer to his prayers was the woman in front of him.

"Ellen, help me. Help me get her back." 

She looked so sad, almost hurt, as she shook her head at him. "I already have helped you. You are just too thick to see it." 

"Helped me? You have only criticized me this entire time." He was taking his desperation out on her, but he couldn't help it. She offered no solution, just judgement. 

"I saved you from death, you moron! I have given you time to run away!" Her purple eyes flashed in warning. 

He suddenly felt ill as a horrible idea clicked in his head. "Don't tell me you gave her to him." 

She wouldn't look at him, verifying his fears. "I didn't seek them out, they found me. They were fresh on your tail, you know. They would have gotten you both. I simply told them where the girl would be and when." She grabbed his arm, but he shook her off. "Listen to me, they have what they came for, now is the time to run. I only granted you a few hours. Eventually the king will come back for you."