chapter 1: where it began

As I lay there, trapped in a wave of heat cracking can be heard. The boards in the building are slowly being devoured by flames. Raging on it continues until it falls on me, I screamed out in such ache such pain, as the fire touches my skin. I can't help but begin to feel dizzy and out of breath. Each time I breathe it becomes harder, my vision is blurred and I cant see any more, all I've known had gone dark, I cannot remember a thing. Who I am? Why am I in this building? Was this place my home? But one man's name remains on my mind...Myori...why is my only memories I've attained are of his killing me? I may not know who I am but who he is a monster. No ache can take away the pain I feel inside the empty-ness the desire to kill someone who has taken something from me...his voice...his face haunts me so. A girl's face appears pulling me out, along with a blonde man. I don't recognize either of them.

"Sir Can you help her?" the girl's voice echoed

"I will do what I can, but remember our deal...do not tell a soul of this. You've broken some rules child. One day you will have to fess up of this girl's survival." The man said as he picked me up holding me in his arms. "ill do what I can, she will be raised as my child..in hope one day she will remember. But child remember this if she comes back you cant let her know of her origins she must learn on her own and from what I tell her..Aoi cant know. He has a grudge against me as it is."

With that the man walked away holding me in his arms I couldn't see, nor feel I was nothing...a shell of a nobody...no name no just who was i?

Present time: *8 years later*

"Lady Reiyah are you awake?" Young Louanne said knocking.

"Lady Louanne? What is the matter...did something happen at the academy?" I spoke as I opened the door gazing to her worried face.

"you were screaming again...last night...you said don't kill me..father save me...but why is that you speak such nonsense in your sleep." She asked with a concerned gaze.

"alas, I must have been having that dream again...one where I am stuck in a building on fire with no way out, a man had been the one who set it and his voice and face sends shivers down my spine.. I yearn to know why this man brings such fear to me and my soul." I sighed then looked into the mirror.

As I gazed in the mirror I saw a face with nothing but pain and coldness. I have been in such sorrow, a lonely ache, I yearn to feel like I'm somebody... Someone with meaning. The reason I chose to be what I am someone who can protect the less fortunate. I must take that man out that haunts my dreams no matter what it takes... Even if it means getting over my fear I must go to where he is... Edo.... My home town where I was saved.

"Louanne please go fetch my papa.. I need to request a matter of grave importance" I spoke as I approached her.

"yes lady Reiyah , I will head to his quarters now. " lady louanne spoke and headed towards his quarters.

I walked down to the main room where my sisters sit sewing with mother. I sat and watched them, hoping maybe papa will let me go to Edo... I really want to go.

"sister what's on your mind? " Little Elizabeth asked as she sat by me.

"Little sis just thinking of my dream that has disturbed my sleep once more. I fear this man but do not know why... Or why he tried killing me. I want to go.. I need to see where I came from.. " I spoke watching my sisters faces fill with worry and concern.

"If you want to go then go. But be warned cause no trouble I'll send your group as protection to aide your search. Myori is a very strange yet powerful manipultive man." Papa spoke walking in. His blue eyes now filling with concern and worry.