The Proposal [1]

(A/N: Picture is the main character Eri.)

Chapter 1

The Proposal

>Eri<

I walked out of the large, cream building, making my way to the courtyard. The courtyards at Ouran are beautiful, to say the least, but I had always been drawn to the one in particular. It had a large, rectangular fountain in the center, with various rose bushes and trees that lead to the Rose Bush Maze, which I usually got lost in, but it was still comforting. I always found peace when the sound of birds chirping surrounded me, as well as the rustling of leaves. Occasionally the Ouran Host Club made a visit, which made the place seem a lot more lively, yet still comforting. You could also see the windows to the host club, from the bench I always sat on, which were either broken, or full of activity.

I walked towards a white marble bench, starting to remove my satchel from my shoulder, and setting the leathery chestnut object beside me once I had sat down. I looked up at the windows that were neatly scattered alongside the building, and discovered something strange. I peered into the Host Club's window, confused at the lack of activity. They must have a special event today or something, I adverted my eyes from the window, now focusing on my satchel. I took out a notebook covered in charcoal leather, with a narrow cord of the same material that wrapped around the notebook twice, and a metallic button that served for the cord to be wrapped around. I unfastened the strip and let it cling on the leather material, then I reached for my favorite black pen that was inside of in my bag. As soon as I opened the journal, I started writing my observations, not forgetting to include any detail.

A few seconds later, I heard commotion behind me coming from the maze. Right after I wrote down what I heard, I shifted my body and head to focus on the squeals and swoons, "So I was right", I mumbled, looking at the rambunctious club and clueless girls, I wrote down my thoughts and conclusions, but looked up when I felt eyes on me. It was Haruhi, the only girl who had ever bothered to speak to me. She waved at me, and I shyly waved back, why must I be so awkward, I sighed, and went back to writing.

"Haruhi seems to be the only person who actually knows of my existence. Unlike most people, I actually know of Haruhi's true gender, not only because I pieced the evidence together, but also because she confessed to me one day. I must not end up like her, anyone with a brain would eventually find out my gender if I make it as obvious as her. My goal is to avoid everyone, and being in this disguise is what I found is most effective, I can not forget that. [Eri: Skip two lines, indent] Today it is a bit cloudy, I will bring an-", I heard footsteps behind me as I wrote, so I closed my notebook and began to put everything back the way it was.

I looked up to see Tamaki Suoh, Kyoya Ootori, and Haruhi Fujioka, standing in front of me like statues, the sight slightly frightened me, as it reminded me of an event of my past. I started to get up, in attempt to leave the scenario, but froze as soon as Tamaki began to speak with the utmost confidence, "Hello Eri-kun", he said, I relaxed once I heard him say kun, good, they think I am a guy, no embarrassing flirting will be taking place right now, I turned to face the hosts.

"Good now that I have your attention, I would like to make a proposal", he said, a smile growing on his face. I can now see why there was swooning and squealing before, the hosts seem to attract many girls due to their good looks, as well as their distinct personalities.

I nodded once, telling them that I was listening, "We would like you to join the host club", Kyoya said, his silky voice filling the air. I was surprised at the offer, the last person who joined was Haruhi, but that was just a few days ago, why would they need a new host.