Betrayal [13]

Chapter 13

Betrayal

>Eri<

Once I entered my home, I immediately rushed into my bedroom. Did Kyoya actually do that?! I walked into my bathroom, locking my door behind me. I checked my neck, only to see a purple and red-ish mark on my collar. My eyes widened, but narrowed soon after, Is he toying with my feelings?! I tell him I love him and he takes advantage of it!

Feeling heart broken, I had no idea what to do, so I decided to know why he caused me so much embarrassment. Reaching for my phone, I dialled his number and waited as the phone rang.

I heard a knock on my door, “You have a guest, Miss, and we have put your bags in your bedroom”, the maid said.

Wiping a few stray tears, I nodded, even though she couldn’t see me, “I’ll be right out”, I mumbled, causing her clacking feet to disappear. Once I felt myself ready, I let out a sigh then reached out to the doorknob.

As I unlocked it, I saw a figure walking back and forth in my bedroom, a worried expression on his face. He rushed over to me once the door had fully opened, leaving my mouth agape, “Eri, he didn’t do anything else to you right? Are you okay? Why were you crying”, Hiro said, bombarding me with questions.

Suddenly, he pulled me into a tight embrace, shocking me due to his sudden affection, “Please tell me you're okay”, he said, his voice almost cracking. I realized what Kyoya had been saying might’ve been true, and that this was my proof.

“Hiro”, I said, my voice cracking, feeling the lump in my throat become heavier, “I-I’m fine, I’m not crying”, I cracked, jinxing myself as I suddenly began weeping.

Patting my back, I could feel him tense up, “What did the bastard do to you”, he yelled, “I told him that you’re too innocent for this shit!”

I was at loss, I didn’t even know what Kyoya did to me to convert me into such a wreck, so I continued to sob as I scoured my mind for an answer.

He continued to rub my back, “I know Eri, he didn’t do anything to you”, he said replying for me in a calm, soothing voice, “You’re… too delicate for him, he can’t handle having someone like you”, he said, causing a bullet to strike me in the heart.

Although I felt speechless, I was unable to take the words he said so calmly, “I-I…. I’m not delicate… I don’t want to be..”, managing to mumble a few words.

Hiro was taken aback by my words, “Sorry, I don’t want to lose you Hiro, don’t get mad at me”, I said, helplessly clinging onto him, “I can’t ever be strong, I have to face it”, I mumbled, as my sobs turned into soft weeps and whimpers.

Wiping away my tears, he pulled my face up so that he could see it clearly, “No, I’m wrong, you are strong, the strongest I’ve ever seen”, he said, “Not only as a physical fighter, but an exact one… I see what you go through, and you couldn't have made yourself be any stronger.”

“Even though I was initially forced to be your friend, I am really glad I got to be, you are merciless, the best person I’ve ever met”, he said, kissing my forehead.

I was unable to speak, I never knew you thought of me this way, “Eri…”, he mumbled, looking a bit guilty, “I’m sorry, I know you love Kyoya… but...”, he trailed off.

Unsure of what to expect, I kept my gaze on him, “... I.. we are… betrothed..”, he said, making me freeze up completely, “I told my father that I loved you, and my parents said that they would arrange a marriage, which is why I came back.

“I didn’t know you were going to fall in love with him instead of me, even though I tried so hard… I’m sorry”, he said, letting go of me.

I could only stare up at him, ...I should I tell him that I could learn to love him as much as he loves me, or forgive Kyoya and decline.

(A/N:Sorry for the short chapter, and for no update in a while. I'll ttry to make a longer chapter that follows.

Meow.)