Complexity [14]

(A/N: A lot happens in this chapter, so be prepared to be overwhelmed)

Chapter 14

Complexity

>Eri<

Why did you have to put me in this situation? I love both of you, but.. I only love one of you in a romantic way..

Looking up I made my decision, “I- Hiro, I would try to fall in love with you, I don’t think it will be that difficult”, I said, causing a gleam to arise in his eyes, “.. but, when it comes to stop loving Kyo.. I-I don’t think that's realistic”, I admitted, hoping that his feelings wouldn’t be hurt.

Just as Hiro was about to reply, we heard a knock on the door. My mind somehow immediately wandered to Kyoya, but I shook it off as the maid entered the room, “Miss Sakurano, your father wishes to speak with you”, she says, bowing, “Mister Saito, if you may please stay here”, she said, exiting the room.

I followed behind her, leaving Hiro abandoned in my room, both unaware of what would happen.

Entering my fathers office, I saw him sitting behind his desk, on the phone, with a lady sitting in a chair stationed in front of his desk. I bowed, “You called for me father”, I asked, raising my head soon after.

Smiling, he motioned me over to sit next to the brown-haired lady, “Yes, I have some news to share with you”, he said as I sat down. Once I was finally able to see the woman sitting beside me, I tried my best to avoid panic, but my composure wavered.

“E-Eri… you’ve grown up so much”, she said, avoiding letting tears stream down her cheeks.

I nodded, “You seem to have grown a bit too”, I said, avoiding eye contact. How am I supposed to act, I haven’t seen her in such a long time, why is she here, she probably hasn’t even recovered.

I cleared my throat, finally deciding to face my mother, “How are you now, you seem to have improved in your health”, I said, trying my best not to mimic my mothers weeping. I shouldn’t bring up her being afraid of me, she might still want to avoid me.

Weeping, she nodded, “Yes, but how are you, I practically neglected you for your entire life, I’m so sorry”, she said, taking a hold of her icy, cold, yet somehow soothing hand.

Shaking my head, I blinked away tears, “You are the one who experienced more suffering, please don’t worry about me”, I said, reassuringly squeezing her cold hands.

She smiled, “You seem to have matured so much”, she said, making me nod, “I have been remembering you for a while now, and not that long ago I remembered everything… sorry, they decided to tell you later since I was previously so fragile

“I remembered how sweet you were, how caring, and that sweet smile you would always have on your face… Oh, I’m so sorry Eri”, she said, pulling me into a tight hug.

Hugging her back, I hoped that we could finally be able to improve our relationship.

After a while of chatting with my parents I finally asked the question that was burning in the back of my head, “So why did you finally decided to come here if you are still recovering from the trauma, and being… scared of me”, I asked, curious to find out the answer.

My father seemed to have changed into a more serious expression, “I assume you have become aware that Hiro has requested your hand in marriage correct”, he asked, me responding with a slow nod.

Sighing, he continued, “Good. Well, it seems that someone else had requested to marry long before Hiro, and assume you know who they are, considering he is the reason we choose to send you to Ouran”, he said, causing my eyes to widen.