This is something random

She stared at the newspaper, front page news, a family of 4.

A mom, a dad, a son and a daughter. The daughter caught her eye, the daughter smiled yet it seemed forced and unhappy... She wondered why.

Kayla was fond of playing with people's feelings, even going to the extent of physically hurting them just to see what would happen, it was in her blood. She needed to hurt others to feel satisfied.

Like always, anything pretty and spoiled would catch her eye and it would make the person a possible target. Kayla considered going for the boy but something about the girl changed her mind. She needed to find her.

>OoO<

She looked out the window in her room, up in the attic, for a big house she seemed to have gotten the worse room. But she didn't care, the view from the window was marvelous, you could see the sunrise and sundown perfectly.

She adored the outdoors, her real mother would bring her to the park every once in a while and she'd feel like the other kids. She would feel normal. Not like some spoiled rich brat she had seen on the media.

But nowadays she was stuck in her room and with nothing but her books, which had been read more than a thousand times, she would go on about around the house but it would risk bumping into the dreadful woman that she now called her mother.

How she wished that things had turned out differently, perhaps if Mom was more careful or maybe if her dad was more loyal...

The door creaked open and she whipped her head over to the person who had entered the room.

"Anesthesia, dinner." Her maid, Evelyn, said softly. Anesthesia moved away from the window and went to the door. She smiled at Evelyn as thank you and left her room.

Dinner was almost the same as yesterday, and the day before that, quiet eating and later excusing herself. The only difference was that her mother spoke.

"Anesthesia, darling, there's someone I'd like you to meet tomorrow." Her mother spoke, every word was laced with a form of coldness.

She looked at her mother. "Who?"

"A boy from another town, almost as rich as we are. You are to befriend him." Her mother answered, the woman returned to eating her food.

Anesthesia knew not to push the subject, she looked down at her food and then down at her very formal dress. She fiddled with her fingers on her lap and thought about the boy, no doubt her mother was possibly after his parent's riches. Her brother had already been assigned to a girl from a different town who was also rich, they ended up dating, but from the looks of it, neither of them seemed romantically interested enough. They were best friends at most.

She sighed, what could she do? Her mother wanted this so that's what she was gonna get.

>OoO<

Anesthesia was up late, since she had insomnia, and was reading a book when there was a tapping noise on the window. She pulled her blankets off and carefully walked to the tapping noise.

The attic had only one window, which was at the front of the house, so she didn't had to check any other windows. Anesthesia peered over at the window and stifled a scream, someone was hanging upside down and smiling in.