Crimson White Pt. 2

They're gone and they're dead.

Kayla wondered when her mom was gonna come back, she sat in front of the window bouncing up and down every time she heard a car drive by or a person walk past.

Mom loves her, she knows, but she always wondered why her mother would leave her with these strangers. Pity, they're pretty gullible for a big person.

She heard the door unlock and open, Kayla turned her head towards the noise and there she was.

"Mommy!" Kayla jumped and grabbed onto her mom's legs, clinging onto them. Her mom laughed and picked her up.

"Where's the babysitter." Her mom asked, fixing the bow in Kayla's hair.

"She left." Kayla smiled brightly, her eyes glinting dangerously, just like her mom. "When's Kyle coming back."

"Soon, let's go wait for them." Her mom carried the small child to the kitchen. "Want a snack?" She placed the kid on the counter.

Kayla nodded vigorously, almost falling of the counter. Her mom reached into the cupboard and brought out a box of cookies, Kayla stared at it, observing her mom's careful movements.

Her mother took out a cookie, the size of an adult's palm and handed it to Kayla, who nibbled it slowly.

Just then, the door creaked open again and in came two familiar faces. Kayla tilted her head to see her brother and her dad walk through the door. Kyle waved to his sister and opened his arms, Kayla climbed off the counter and jumped into her brother's arms.

They swung around a few times before Kyle drops her gently. "Ow my back."

"Oi, only I get to say that." Her dad joked. "Except I don't say that, but still."

Kyle attempted to snatch the cookie from his sister's tiny hands but she was faster. Kayla ran off and Kyle chased after her.

"Jesus Christ, Min, I swear to god. If there's Part 2 and 3 of you, I'm gonna die sooner than expected." Capri kissed Min's cheek. "Kayla really gives off a vibe like yours."

"Is that a bad thing?" Min hummed, turning around to face her husband.

"It will be if she kills someone, she's still a kid, she's not experienced like you." Capri sighed. Min took his hands and traced the lines on the palms.

"Well, she hasn't killed anyone."

"Yet." Capri warned.

"Still, if she does, I'll handle it. Easy." Min winked and pecked his cheek.

"Don't be so confident." Capri gave her a concerned look, Min walked off.

"Oh please, I live off confidence." Min waved her hand dismissively.

>OoO<

"Meet your new babysitter!" Min gestured to a man, who looked cheerful enough.

Kayla scanned his appearance. A guy, mom has never gotten a guy babysitter before. Middle aged, tired but cheerful. But...he gives off a very bad feeling.

Kayla shook her head, this guy might be interesting, she'll have to watch how he works before she gets rid of him. Ain't no one gonna tear down this castle of hers.

Kyle held onto his sister's shoulder tightly, it's his first time not spending time with the other guy.

The other guy was who Kayla referred to as Mom's old friend, he looked wicked cool with his black jacket red horns thing and cool mask, but he seem to be afraid or maybe concerned of her.