Stories | Tommy

Words: 570

Warnings: -------

------------

"So" You said to Aunt Polly, taking a sip of your tea as she took a drag on her cigarette "Do you have anymore stories about the Shelby's?"
"Hmmm" She pondered, raising her hand slightly, letting it relax with her cigarette teetering between her fingers.
"Well, when Tommy was first... Lets say... developing. He wouldn't let go of his--"
"That's enough!" A husky voice echoed down the corridor and you stifled a giggle behind your cup of tea.
"Well, lets just say he screamed the house down when we told him to let go..." She leant into you, lowering her voice slightly and abruptly stopping when she saw the tall figure that belonged to her nephew stroll into the room.
"Having a good time in here ladies?" Tommy drawled, brown liquid sloshing around the glass in his hand.
"Oh we're just fine" You said, this time giggling without the obstruction of the teacup. "Polly was just telling me about some Shelby childhood memories" You glanced at Polly, who was now sporting quite the smirk as she raised her cigarette to her lips.
"Oh really. Did she er..." Tommy began, stuffing his hands into his pockets and rocking back slightly on his heels; playing the innocent. "...Did she tell you about the time she was so drunk she was mistaken for a madwomen by the Police?" Polly's face suddenly went hard and her lips pursed into a tight knit line.
"Polly!" You exclaimed, looking at Polly and then to Tommy who had now sat down at the table with you.
He laughed, a smile you rarely saw sat perfectly on his face.
"Thomas you vowed never to bring that up again!"
"And you vowed never to bring up the 'developing story' again" Tommy began laughing once more, his whiskey glass covering part of his smile, but you could still see the devillish twinkle that lay in his eyes.
You watched him. He sat lazily in his chair, his hand wrapped loosely around his glass, his hair messily placed on his head.
Over the course of the hour or so you spent with Tommy and Polly, more stories were shared: Arthur getting his clothes stolen by his brothers after bathing; John crying as a baby everytime he saw Tommy's face; Tommy crying everytime he saw Arthur's face. Whiskey washed down the stories told and cigarettes provided a bitter after taste.
"Right..." Tommy said, clapping his hands together after Polly had finished her tales about growing up "...I'd better get going" He said pushing himself off the chair and finishing the glass of whiskey in his hand, setting it down with a thud.
"But you only just got here!" You looked up at Tommy, your eyes wide and your hand set firmly on his.
"Don't worry i'll make it up to you later" He leant down and whispered in your ear, sending a hot flush to your cheeks. Then after placing a small kiss on the top of your head, he strolled out of the dining room, a swing in his step; he knew exactly what his words had done to you, and he knew exactly what he'd do to you later.
"He's a keeper that one" Polly said, eyebrows raised, sucking on her cigarette with a grin and getting up to follow Tommy.
"I know..." you said to yourself, your cheeks still rosy, a smile placed delicately on your lips, "I know..."