11• THE HARROWING

"No, no, no, 'The Fly' is about body dysmorphia" Susie shakes her head as we sit around a small table at Dr Cerberus'.

"Isn't it about a guy who turns into a giant fly?" Harvey asks, i shake my head.

"The original yes, but Cronenberg said his remake was a metaphor for STDs" i point out and Susie nods.

"Guys, what are we doing this weekend?" Roz asks and i sigh, looking at Sabrina.

"Well, my dad is going to the farm expo for three days, so i'm stuck at home by myself" Susie sighs.

"Ooh! let's have a girls' night" Roz exclaims.

Susie groans in protest, "Come on, Susie, please? my mom and dad are trying to get me to lead this youth group at their church this weekend, staying with you would give me the perfect excuse not to do that" Roz complains.

Susie shakes her head, "i dunno Roz" she sighs. "Brina, Ivy, you in?" Roz asks and i look at Sabrina anxiously.

"Actually, we'll be at the expo too this weekend, we're helping aunt Hilda sell her honey" Sabrina smiles.

"Wait, you're not gonna be gone the entire expo, are you?" Harvey looks at her sadly.

"Yeah, we are...but i have a coping strategy" Sabrina holds her necklace Harvey gave her.

"Whenever i'm really missing you, i'll hold you close to my heart" she smiles, and Roz turns to us smiling at them.

"Call me the second you get back, i'll come right over" Harvey smiles and they start making out. "Keep it PG" i cover my eyes.

"Uh...relax, Romeo, it's three days" Roz sighs and Susie laughs.

"Yeah, i mean, seriously, you guys...seriously, you guys!" she groans and they ignore us, still kissing.

I roll my eyes, smiling. "To be young and in love," i say dramatically and i feel Susie look at me, "yeah".

***

"Aren't you even a little excited?" Ambrose asks as he sets by our window while we pack.

"I'm stressed, Ambrose, starting a new school is stressful, not to mention we're lying to Harvey and Roz and Susie, and i don't see why we have to be at the Academy for three whole nights" Sabrina stresses.

"It's your induction, cousins, you are on the precipice of a stupendous new adventure at the Academy of Unseen Arts, you will meet interesting witches and warlocks from all over the world, some of them, a great many of them, will be hot" Ambrose grins.

I smile, "well, i'm excited," i say, shoving a t-shirt into my bag. Ambrose points at me, "that's the spirit, cuz" he smiles.

"And i've already met a warlock, technically" i forrow my brows. Ambrose looks at me surprised, "do tell" he says and Sabrina ignores it.

"Ambrose, we're not going to the Academy to hook up with hot warlocks, we are going to the Academy to learn how to defeat the dark lord...we're going to learn how to conjure him, bind him, banish him, that's our only agenda" she says sternly.