02. Is He Drunk?

"Hello Bunty!" Myra called as she climbed up out of Newt's case, having spotted his Echo's assistant.

"Hello Myra," the ginger replied, gathering her things, "I was just about to head out."

Myra's boots clicked against the table the case was set on before she jumped down to the ground, the impact causing a small cloud of dust to fly up. It was when she'd looked up after dusting off her blouse that she noticed the multiple bandages covering her friend's fingers,

"What happened to your fingers?" the blonde fretted, pulling out her wand.

"It was only the kelpie, and it didn't get me all that good anyway," Bunty replied, clearly trying to dismiss the witch's worries.

"Episkey," the blonde muttered, her wand flickering as magic rushed into Bunty's fingers to repair the damage the kelpie had done, "There you go! Good as new!"

Bunty shook her head, "Thank you, but you didn't have to."

"Of course I did," Myra replied as Credence joined her at her side, "I hope you have a wonderful day, Bunty."

The witch and her son ended up going up the stairs without the ginger, who was still gathering her things, up to where they could hear not only Newt's voice, but also Queenie's. Myra's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she stopped in the doorway, seeing a fairly drunk looking Jacob Kowalski teetering next to the two of them,

"Is he drunk?" Myra asked, interrupting whatever conversation her Echo and friend where in the midst of.

"Myra!" Queenie exclaimed as she ushered the no-maj to a seat on the couch, "I didn't know you were here! I thought you were in France?"

"Oh, I'm technically still there," the blonde waved the subject off, "What're you doing here?"

"Jacob and I, we're getting married!" Queenie proudly held out her hand that bore an engagement ring.

"Is Tina here, too?" Credence asked hopefully, and when Myra looked over to him, she couldn't help but notice Viride's narrowed eyes at Jacob, as if she could smell something on him.

"Oh, it's just us, honey," she replied, soft and awkward, "Me and Jacob."

"Oh," Credence murmured.

"Why don't I make us dinner?" Queenie suggested before spotting the bowl of stew that Newt had apparently set on the table, "Though you already have..."

"Oh, it's just a late lunch," Newt waved off, his eyes more attentive than his posture was letting on, "If you'd like to, go ahead."

"Yes!" Jacob exclaimed, jumping up from his seat.

Viride huffed a bit of smoke and leapt off of Credence's shoulder, beginning to stalk around the no-maj, catching Myra's attention. Something was definitely off, it was just a matter of what. Newt seemed to have his suspicions, Viride had her own hypothesis, and Myra... well she was beginning to agree with the Ignis loquitur.

Hi! I've literally spent five days creating the dust cover for a printed copy of Echos. How has everyone's days been? Mine has been pretty good, and I have a new idea for an original book that I'm thinking of writing. Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful week, and I'll actually be on time with an update on Friday, promise. :)
~ Aria