04. Why Not You?

It was almost a quarter hour before Credence was up and moving around again, feeding the mooncalves, softening the stale pellets with one of the charms Myra'd taught him. Newt had joined them in the basement, going over the notes that Bunty had left for him.

Myra, who was playing with the occamy hatchling's she'd protected with her life not six months prior, suddenly looked up when Newt called to her from where she sat next to the nest, "Myra? Do you think I could get your help with the Kelpie?"

Myra stood, brushing off her dress and disentangling a shrunken occamy from her hair. It hissed at her, glowering from where it was in the nest. The blonde just laughed, stepping away towards her Echo.

Newt smiled at her, his eyes brightening as he looked back at the pouting occamy. He handed her a jar of ointment and Myra grinned,
"Don't you usually do this with Bunty?" Myra asked as he turned his back to the water after taking off his coat.

"Why not you?" Newt smiled as he jumped backward into the water.

Myra hovered a bit, watching as the kelpie tried it's best to drown Newt for what must have been the thousandth time. For a moment she wondered if she should intervene, but then he grabbed onto one of the strands of kelp on its mane, scrambling up onto its back. The blonde couldn't help but hold her breath as the creature dove into the depths of the water, taking Newt with it.

It didn't seem there was much to worry about though, as only moments later, the pair burst out of the water, a bridle wrapped around its muzzle. The kelpie shook its mane out while Myra reached over to adjust one of Newt's bracers,

"Someone does look handsome today," Myra laughed, taking in the sight as she handed over the ointment.

"He is looking better isn't he?" Newt grinned, rubbing the slow healing wound on the kelpie's neck.

Myra laughed, "I wasn't talking about him, Newt."

"Hm?" Newt looked up, confused, then his eyes widened when he spotted Myra's giggles, "Oh! Me? Oh."

"Love you," Myra kissed his cheek, a smile covering her face.

"Love you too," Newt replied, swinging his leg over to step back to the platform, leaning down to kiss her properly.

It didn't get very far, however, as Jacob's voice echoed down from the entrance of the basement, "Newt? Myra? Credence? Anybody down here?"

I'm very tired... I'm going to go to bed now. I hope all of you had a fantastic day, and I'll see you all again on Monday with chapter five (And yes, I wish this was longer, BUT I wanted it to go out today like I said it would). 
~ Aria (the girl who will be asleep in approximately three seconds)