Fired

Enjoy!

"Nick, come on we have to go"

Judy said hurriedly as she pop her head inside Nick's office. Nick let out a sigh as he laid his head on his desk.

"Can't you go on without me this time"

He said tiredly. Judy frown.

"Nick this is the 10th time you bailed on me. Your name is not on any reports anymore and Chief Bogo will notice and you know how bad his temper is"

"I don't care, Carrots"

"You can get fired Nick, you'll lose your job"

Judy said in concern.

"Who cares?"

He said as he slowly stood up.

"Where are you going now?"

"Out to get some pizza, is that okay with you?"

He said slightly annoyed as he walked past Judy. Nick ignored everyone that greeted him and walked past him. Ever since the break up, he haven't been himself lately, and the ladies had stopped throwing themselves at him.

'What am I going to do?'

He thought sadly with a sigh as he got in the police car and drove off. After a while of driving he came to a stop at Honey's home. He sat there quietly hoping to get a glance of Honey. This was basically Nick's routine when he isn't doing anything.

'Come on, come outside or go to the window'

He said to himself as he hoped to catch any movement from the window curtains. Nick let out a sad sigh as he leaned back against the seat. After a moment of waiting, Nick's ear picked up a sound of a car driving starting. He quickly looked and smiled as he saw Honey pulling out of the drive way in her car. As she drive by him, he quickly ducked down before putting on his shades and followed her.

"Where are you going beautiful?"

He said to himself as he continued to follow her into the heart of the city. Honey's car then soon came to a stop, Nick parked a block away from her, he smiled as she stepped out of her car wearing a pink long sleeve button up shirt and a black flowing skirt that reached to her knees and went into a museum.

"Always learning something new huh baby?"

He said to himself. He remembered the dates he had with Honey, she would always drag him to the museum when their is a new exhibition in town. He let out a sigh as he started up the car again as he drove off back to the police headquarters and headed back into his office. He let out a happy sigh as he leaned against his seat trying to remember how Honey looked as she went to the museum. His happy moment was ruined when the door slammed open causing a few frames to fall crashing on the floor. Nick quickly open his eyes in surprise and saw Chief Bogo, he chuckled nervously as he stood up.

"Ah Chief Bogo, it's always a pleasure to see you sir. Have you lost weight? Because for your age you look pretty..."

"Enough chitter chat, I want to see you in my office. Now!"

He yelled sternly cutting Nick off. Nick swallowed the lump in his throat as he quickly did what he was told. He soon arrived to the Chief's office.

"You wanted to see me sir?"

"I have not seen any of your reports. Care to explain"

"Ah..."

"I also had to move some of my men around because apparently Officer Hopps needed a partner. Your name have been written down for taking the car patrol for some leisure time. So basically what I am trying to say is WHY AREN'T YOU DOING YOUR JOB?!"

He yelled.

"I-Its only been a few days, if you think about it. It's not really much"

"10 days Officer Wilde, if you are not doing your job then there is no reason for me to keep you on the force"

He said firmly. Nick let out a sigh as he sadly looked down.

"I understand what you're saying"

"Clean up your desk in 1 hour. I need to let you go. Hand over your gun and badge"

Nick didn't bother to put up a fight as he handed him his gun and badge. Nick sadly walked out of the office and headed back to his office before placing his belongings inside a box. Judy and Clawhauser sadly looked to see Nick walking away sadly. Judy let out a sad sigh as she ran up to him.

"Nick, would you like for me to give you a ride?"

"No thanks Carrots, I need the walk for to think"

"Okay, well if you need anything just let me know"

"Yeah, thanks"

He said quietly as he left the headquarters. Judy sadly walked back to Clawhauser.

"I need to do something, this isn't like Nick at all"

"I don't think you should interfere, it didn't go so well last time and besides isn't Nick still mad at you?"

"No I apologize plus I know that but I just can't stand aside and let this happen. I need to talk to Honey, she can probably get through to him"

"What makes you think she will listen?"

"I have to try, this is what friends are for Nick needs my help whether he likes it or not. I think if I've learned anything about friendship, it's to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you."

"Nice speech and all but what exactly do you plan to do?"

"I haven't thought that far ahead just yet but I'll think of one"

She said with her ears flat down. The sun setting had began when Nick finally reached his place under the bridge at the park.

"Home sweet home"

He said to himself. He looked up at the red sky a few stars were coming out, he let out a sigh as he set his things down and sat on his lawn chair and remain looking up at the sky trying to get his mind off a particular fox.

A/N Rate and Comment