o n e

Michael laughed loudly at the sour expression plastered on Calum's face. It was obvious Calum didn't want to go to a gay bar, especially if he wasn't gay in the slightest. He just had the least straight friend on the planet. 

"I don't want to be the third wheel with you and your fuck buddy, Michael. Luke seems like a bit of an asshat!" Calum cried as he was dragged to Michael's beat-up, passed-down Mini Cooper.

"Maybe you'll find someone tonight," Michael smirked, closing his car door, "you do look pretty hot, if I do say so myself."

"Boobs, Michael. I want boobs."

"Sure you do, Cal. However, whenever I look at you my gaydar just always happens to go off." Michael teased, chuckling when he saw the blush covering Calum's tanned cheeks.

Michael was dressed in his usual Nirvana shirt, and his ripped black skinny jeans. "The outfit is perfect for every occasion!" the boy would retort whenever Calum pointed out how often he wore it.

"You know, that lead singer guy on your shirt is dead." Calum pointed out, glancing over at Michael, who was staring intently at the road. 

"I'm gonna try my hardest to keep driving without throwing you out the window." 

-------------------------------------

"Luke, this is a problem. What if guys like... hit on me?"

Luke frowned. "That's a problem?"

"How many times do I have to tell you I'm into girls, Lucas! Just because you do naughty things with that highlighter boy daily doesn't mean I want that too!" Ashton sighed, as they walked towards the gay bar. The boy nervously ran his hand through his hair as he saw the sign THE COCKPIT in neon blue flashing letters.

Luke giggled. "Ash, it's called 'the cockpit'. Cock, Ashton. And it's like a pit, I guess." Luke tried to lighten the mood, for he found it quite amusing. However, Ashton still stood there completely out of it.

"Luke, this sounds crazy, but I feel like something important is gonna happen tonight." Ashton spoke slowly, staring at the sign.

-------------------------------------

Calum sat down on one of the bar stools, squinting from the vibrant lights flashing everywhere. Sweaty homosexual dancing wasn't really his type of thing. Calum had nothing against people who were into the same sex, but he sure wasn't going to pretend he fit in with that group. He couldn't help but start to freak out as some boy his age sat down next to him. Please don't hit on me, I'm begging you! 

"Hi," the boy yelled over the music, "I'm Ashton." He politely held his hand out.

"Calum." He quickly responded, cautiously shaking Ashton's hand.

"I like your shirt." Ashton wasn't quite good at making conversation with strangers, but it was a decent start. "Green Day is pretty cool."

Calum tugged at the bottom of his shirt, chuckling when he realized it was probably his only band tee that wasn't littered with holes. 

Ashton called over a bartender, simply asking for a Coke. He played with the can for a while, until finally popping it open and taking a swig.

"You know, for a gay guy you act pretty straight." Calum yelled bluntly, seeming confused when Ashton choked on his drink, having to spit it out on the ground.

"I-I'm not gay. My idiot friend dragged me here, just to make out with that highlighter." Ashton pointed over to Luke, who was obviously having fun with Michael.

Calum's eyes widened. "Dude, that highlighter boy is my friend! He took me here because I told him I wanted to get out of the house. I'm his only friend, and I think he just wants me to be gay."

Ashton laughed, blushing for whatever reason. "You're my first ever heterosexual friend, and I met you in a gay bar. I never thought I'd say that."

Calum smirked. "Who said I was your friend?"