e i g h t

hey guys its grace mclahey here im going to write a bit bc jenna writes all my stories for me ((jk she writes like two and a half))

---------------------------------

The next day, Ashton couldn't help but miss Calum. He had gone back home with Luke and was feeling a bit lonely.

Ashton's hands hovered over the numbers on the screen of his phone, letting out a deep breath.

"It's just a friendly get-together, calm down Ashton." he whispers to himself, quickly typing in Calum's number and pressing the call button.

Calum picks up after a few rings, quickly saying hello.

"Hey Calum, I was wondering if you- maybe you wanted to get together sometime? Like, as friends." Ashton asked, biting his lip and squeezing his eyes shut while he waited for an answer.

"Yes of cou- I mean, I'd love to, I guess. Where should we go?" Calum replies, stuttering quickly.

"Maybe we could go out for coffee in like half an hour or so? I can pick you up, if you want." Ashton says, a great wave of relief washing over him.

"That sounds great, see you there!" Calum grins, hanging up the phone.

Ashton sets his phone down on his bed, quickly looking over at his alarm clock. 9:37. He had time.

He quickly shrugged a hoodie on over his simple band shirt and jeans, pulling his vans on afterwards. Running to the bathroom, Ashton cleaned himself up in the mirror, trying to decide which hairstyle Calum might like more.

As he walked out of the bathroom, Ashton realized he had time to go talk to Luke. He walked down the hall and knocked on the door, taking a small grumble as a sign that he could come in.

"I'm going out with Calum today." That statement was enough for Luke to jump up from under his covers, smiling at Ashton.

"Where are you guys going?" Luke asks, clasping his hands together in excitement.

"Just to get some coffee. It's totally platonic, alright? We're just friends, for now." Ashton replies, whispering the last part.

"Bummer." Luke pouts. "What time are you going?"

Ashton looks down at his phone, his eyes widening as he realized it was almost ten. "Like, now. See you later, Luke!"

Ashton rolled his eyes when he heard Luke yelling "GAAAAAY!" when he stepped out the door.

He checked his pockets for his wallet and keys as he runs out to his car, getting quickly into the drivers seat and driving towards Calum and Michael's place.

As he pulls into their driveway, he pulls out his phone, texting Calum a quick "here (:".

A few seconds later, Calum bursts out the front door, waving bye to Michael. He walks around to the passenger side, getting in beside Ashton.

-

"And so that's how I woke up covered in chicken nuggets!" Calum laughed, recounting the tale. Ashton smiled fondly, sipping more of his coffee.

"I never really didn't anything crazy at my birthday parties. It was usually my fault that someone else did something crazy, though." Ashton blushed.

"What do you mean?"

"Well one time I was dared to kiss a hobo on the cheek, so I did. He got angry and thought my friend did it, so he slapped my friend. They got into a fight." Ashton admitted, blushing even harder.

 Calum giggled. "Now that's a story." 

 "Hey do you want me to take you home?" Ashton offered. "I can drive you." 

"Sure!"

-

Ashton fucking kissed Calum on the cheek.

He'd say he didn't mean to, but let's face it; he totally meant to.

Ashton was already sitting on his bed in his room, but he couldn't stop thinking about it.

******

"Here we are." Calum announced, unbuckling his seatbelt.

"Yeah. I know. I come here too." Ashton giggled as Calum's cheeks heated up. 

Right before Calum stepped out of the car, Ashton couldn't help it. He kissed him. It was a simple peck on the cheek, no biggie. Right?

Calum turned around, looking at Ashton with wide eyes. "See you later, Ash." He smiled. 

Ashton smiled back, and was met with a kiss on his cheek.

*******

Ashton touched his cheek, smiling hard. "I hate you, Calum Hood." He sighed happily, knowing that going to the gay bar was the best thing that ever happened to him. 

------------------------------------

ok if you couldn't tell my friend grace wrote up to the start of the date and i wrote from "chicken nuggets" onwards

I KNOW I DID UPLOAD YESTERDAY LIKE I SAID BUT MY MOM TOOK THE LAPTOP AWAY AND TOLD ME TO SLEEP IM SORRY i love u 

no goal for the chapter