:// Chapter 32 //:

Two hours later Basil was having the best time hearing about his father's life. He was an flight engineer and while he still lived in Montana he tended to travel a lot to work at various military bases and airports. Because of this busy lifestyle he's never settled down, but he seemed alright with that fact.

When it was Basil's turn to talk he mentioned his interest in art and his life growing up. When he was young he lived with his grandparents in Nevada while his mom went to college but they eventually moved here. Bits and pieces of Corin got mixed in there, but eventually the hard questions started to come out about this past month and the big fight Basil had with his mother.

"I love her. I know I do, but the way she reacted when she found out I was dating Zakariah on top of all the other crazy stuff I-I just couldn't handle it." They had moved to the living room during their conversation where they now sat comfortably across from each other.

"That's Margie for yah." Nathan leaned back into the couch cushions. He was an outsider to this whole situation but from what he's heard from her sounded like an entirely different story. "She can really take OCD to a whole other level. When we were dating her mother used to tell me her control over things was the only thing that kept her going, so I just tried to work around it until we broke up."

"She used you against me in that fight." Basil's eyes lingered on the floor as he recalled the statement that sent him running out the door. "I asked her if she ever told you about me, and she said "No, and I'm glad that I didn't. He doesn't deserve an ungrateful son like you.""

Nathan quietly grit his teeth. He was trying his best not to choose sides or get angry, but Margaret's poor decisions was making it very hard. "She had no business speaking on my behalf. I never would've-" He took a breathe, but Basil was watching him now. "We shouldn't dwell on the past. Right now we need to focus on moving forward, and for that we're going to need your mother."

Nathan stood from the couch just as Basil did, but his son stopped him. "Actually, can we take a break for a moment? I think I need a minute..." "Zack? Can you come downstairs?" Basil called to his mate and not even seconds later the Reaper could be heard booming down the staircase. The pair have been apart for far too long and their bond is aching within their chests.

"Oh-yea sure, take as long as you need. We can even pick this up another day if you want to, I'll be here all week." Nathan declared as the Reaper politely maneuvered around him to get to Basil.

"Thank you. You're very considerate." And with that Basil let Zakariah drag him out back into the snow-dusted yard. Nathan watched them for a moment, but Margaret's slow decent distracted him.

"Well this is quite the mess you've made, Margie." Nathan took back to the couch as he watched the boys suddenly jump on each other. He still thought that the boyfriend looked a little mean, but he seemed to soften up considerably anytime he saw Basil.

Margaret also kept watch as she joined Nathan on the couch, though she kept the distance between them considerable. "Don't act like you know anything about my life."

"Well it's not like I can even try since I've missed nearly two decades of it." Though that comment was pure sarcasm, Nathan still took the time to calm himself down before speaking again. "Why didn't you tell me, Margie?"

"Well for starters I didn't even know until after you were gone." Margaret scoffed as if all of her feelings towards the topic should've been obvious. "Kinda hard to tell someone they're a father if they're not around."

"I had the same cell number seven years after high school, and you had to of saved my mother's home phone when I emailed it to you because that's what you called to get me down here." Nathan spat back. If she wasn't going to have the decency to control her temper than neither would he. "And oh yea-emails exist. Try again."