Chapter Thirty Nine

I woke up the next morning alone in the king size bed. After letting out a long yawn, I looked around and smiled. Alex was standing on the balcony of the hotel room wearing a white bath robe. She was staring out at the Eiffel tower, and her hair was blowing slightly in the wind. My heart stopped at how perfect my view was at that moment. I reached for my phone from the bedside table and took a photo, before getting out of bed and slipping on my hotel robe and joining her.

"Good morning, beautiful," I whispered after putting my arms around her waist and kissing her on the cheek.

"Hey," she said, smiling slightly. I could tell something was wrong.

"Are you okay?" I asked, and she sighed.

"Can I ask you something?" she asked shyly.

"Anything."

"When was the last time you slept with Adam?" I was taken aback by the question. We hadn't really ever spoken about my soon to be ex husband, except for when she asked what had happened between us shortly after we met.

"The day after you started the apprenticeship." I answered honestly. "Why?"

"Well, when we spoke about him that night I stayed at the apartment, you said you hadn't slept together for months, I just wondered..."

She seemed unsure about her answer. Or about my answers. I didn't know why she was asking, but I wanted her to know the whole truth, so I pulled her over to the bed and sat down. I told her everything that had happened that day, including how Adam thought he was doing me a favour by not sleeping with me because of the HIV scare. Alex looked both angry and relieved by my account of everything.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you before, I just didn't see how it was relevant," I told her.

"It's not relevant, not to us anyway," she said. "That was before anything happened with us, and I should never have brought it up. It's just... I got this last night..."

She took her phone out of her dressing gown pocket, and showed me a picture message. It was a photo of me and Adam kissing in what used to be my bedroom, and we were both wearing very little. The photo was captioned 'It looks like little miss perfect has been keeping secrets!'.

I frowned when I saw the message, and looked up at Alex in disbelief.

"Who sent this?" I asked, and she shrugged her shoulders in response.

"I don't know the number, and when I tried to call it, it went straight to voicemail."

"Well, whoever it is needs to get their facts right," I said, taking Alex's hands in mine. "You are little miss perfect, not me."

Alex smiled at my comment, and her cheeks reddened slightly.

"And Alex... You don't need to worry about Adam, what happened was a mistake. It was a mistake before anything even happened with us. And I promise you, I would never do anything to jeopardise this."

She squeezed my hands in hers.

"Good," she said softly, "because I kinda like you."

"I kinda like you too," I laughed, and kissed her. I thought about telling her how I really felt about her. For me, like wasn't a strong enough word, but it was too soon to tell her I loved her. I wouldn't want to scare her off.

I never thought that I would fall in love with a girl, but it was impossible to deny it. Alex meant more to me than anything, which was crazy considering we had only known each other for a matter of weeks.

"I'm sorry I brought this up, Jay." Alex said, looking embarrassed. I guessed that she felt like she was being the jealous girlfriend. I liked the fact that she was jealous though, it showed that she really did kinda like me.

"Don't be sorry, I'm glad you did. Whoever sent that text might have made a mess of this, if you didn't feel like you could talk to me about it." I replied, "They just need to get a life and leave us in peace."

Alex kissed me again, and then went to take a shower. I ordered room service to bring us some breakfast, and then lay on the bed staring at the ceiling.

When I thought about that text, my mind immediately went to Mona. She wanted Alex back, and Alex chose me. She claimed to be heartbroken, even though she chose money over Alex. But I could understand why she would be heartbroken because Alex was perfect.

What really confused me is how they managed to take the picture. It was taken through the bedroom window, but you could see the exterior wall on the photo, which means it was taken from a distance.

I tried to visualise where the person must have been standing to take the photo, but I couldn't picture it.

After a few minutes, I decided not to dwell on it any longer. The most beautiful girl in the world was taking a shower a few metres away from me, and I didn't want her to be lonely.

I walked into the bathroom to see the water bouncing off of Alex's body, and my heart rate increased.

She turned around after hearing my footsteps. Her eyes locked with mine, and she bit her lip seductively.

"Need any help?" I asked, smirking.

"Always."

Without another word, I took off my bath robe, and walked into the shower. I pushed her gently against the wall of the shower and brought my lips to hers. My tongue roamed around the inside of her mouth, while my hands wandered over her body.

Alex pushed me back gently, and backed me against the wall. She immediately started to kiss my neck, and her hand moved down to my pussy. She put two fingers inside me, and her thumb circled my clit. My moans echoed slightly in the shower, and I tried to be quiet in case we would disrupt any other guests.

As it turned out, I couldn't be quiet when Alex was involved.