Chapter Forty Nine

"Morning, gorgeous," Alex whispered as I opened my eyes.

"How long have you been watching me sleep?" I laughed.

"I wouldn't like to comment," she replied. I laughed, and leaned in to kiss her.

"What shall we do today?"

"Just lie here, all naked," Alex answered, grinning at me.

"That sounds perfect," I laughed, and kissed her again. This time, we were interrupted by a knock on the door. I frowned, then got up, and pulled on my dressing gown. Alex put hers on, too.

I looked through the peep hole in the door, and saw Ellie standing there. I opened the door to let her in.

"You could call before you come, you know?" I said half jokingly.

"I'm sorry," she said, "I just... I need to speak to you."

I noticed she looked worried, or nervous. I pulled her over to the bed and sat her down.

"What's wrong, Ellie?" Alex asked her.

"I... I'm pregnant."

My eyes widened, and I just looked at her, unsure how she felt about it.

"Ellie, you... I... Are you sure?" I stuttered.

"I've done two tests, both of them were positive. I don't know what to do, Jay," she said, and tears started to form in her eyes. I pulled her into a hug, Alex looked sympathetic, but didn't look like she wanted to weigh in on the conversation.

"Have you told Mark?" I asked, after she pulled away from me to wipe her eyes.

"No, I'm scared, Jay. What if he leaves me?"

"Ellie, there's no way that would happen, he loves you." Alex chimed in, finally.

"But we haven't been together for very long, and we've never spoken about anything like that. I don't even know if he wants kids." Ellie said, crying again.

"Do you want kids?" I asked. It was strange that I didn't already know the answer to my question. I thought I knew everything about my best friend, but I couldn't recall ever talking about kids with her.

"I always wanted kids, but not yet. And it's way too soon." She cried.

"Alex is right though, Mark loves you. He's not gonna leave you because of this. I think you need to tell him, and then you guys can work this out together," I advised her.

Ellie just sighed, and stared into space. Alex stood up, and kneeled in front of her, taking Ellie's hands in hers.

"Ellie, I'm not quite sure what your thoughts on this are, but I want to tell you what I think," she said softly, and Ellie nodded. "You and Mark are amazing together. You love eachother. And at some point in the future, I think you'll have a big beautiful wedding, and some beautiful children."

Ellie smiled, and wiped her eyes with the back of her sleeve. Alex saw that she had stopped crying, and continued to talk.

"That's how I've always thought your happily ever after would be. I think you make a great couple, and I think you'd make great parents. But you know, it's entirely your choice. If you're not ready, then me and Jay are here to support you. But if you're ready, then who cares if your happily ever after is in a different order."

Ellie put her arms around Alex and hugged her tight. I looked at them and smiled. My girlfriend was amazing.

"I'm gonna have a baby," Ellie said quietly, turning to me. I wasn't sure whether she was excited or terrified, but I guessed maybe both.

"Congratulations," I whispered, and put my arms around her. I smiled at Alex, as I hugged Ellie. She grinned back, looking as happy as I felt.

"I had better go and talk to Mark," Ellie said nervously.

"Don't worry Ellie, everything will be fine. Call me after you speak to him, okay?" I said walking her to the door.

"I will," she promised, "and thank you, both of you. I love you guys."

Alex gave Ellie a quick hug, and I kissed her on the cheek, before she left the hotel room.

"Holy shit," I whispered, as soon as I shut the door.

"What?" Alex laughed at my reaction.

"Ellie's having a baby!" I said loudly, and grinned.

"I know, I've been here the whole time..."

"I know," I smiled, and kissed her quickly, "And you were amazing."

"I was just trying to help her realise that it's a good thing," she replied modestly.

I lay down on the bed, and Alex lay next to me.

"Do you want kids?" she asked, and I turned on my side, and ignored the pain in my ribs, to look into her beautiful green eyes.

"I don't know. Maybe, someday," I replied, considering what it would be like. "I never did, while I was with Adam. I guess that's just because I knew we weren't right for eachother."

"And now, I've changed your view on everything," Alex joked.

"You have no idea how much my views on everything have changed, since I met you," I said honestly, and she looked away from me shyly. I put my hand on the side of her face, and pulled her gently to look at me again.

"I love you so much," I whispered.

"I love you, too," she whispered back, "and I look forward to the day that we have little mini me's running around."

I laughed at the idea. We spent the rest of the day lying in bed talking about what the future might hold for us. I was so happy, and so comfortable talking with Alex about everything.

"Ellie's text me," I said, as I checked my phone, "She says 'Mark is so excited. Can't call right now, we're just about to tell his parents the news! See you tomorrow, love you both!'"

"That's awesome," Alex responded, "I'm so happy for them."

"Me too," I smiled.

"I'm so glad you didn't fall in love with Mark, the night Ellie set you two up," she said.

"Don't be stupid, Alex," I laughed, "I was already in love with you at that point."

"I'm pretty sure that was the same day you told me you didn't want to kiss me again," she teased.

"That doesn't mean I wasn't in love with you... I just wasn't ready to admit that I liked you."

"And now look at you... You're a pixie cut away from being queen of the lesbians," she joked, and I burst out laughing.

We stayed up talking for most of the night, and I couldn't think of anywhere I'd rather be.