Chapter Sixty Two

I woke up to find Alex sitting up in bed, typing on her phone. The sunlight was seeping in through the blinds.

"Morning, baby," I said quietly, sitting up.

"Hey," she smiled, and then went back to look at her phone.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm starving," she answered, putting her phone down, and turning to face me.

"Me too," I replied. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"Lunch," she corrected, showing me the time on her phone. It was half past one in the afternoon. We had slept for so long, or at least, I had.

"How long have you been up?"

"A couple of hours. I didn't want you to wake up alone," she told me, and I smiled at how sweet she was.

"You should have woken me up," I said. "Let's go make some food."

We both got out of bed, and went down the stairs in our pyjamas.

I could hear talking coming from the kitchen. Ellie, Rach, Mark, and Brad were all sitting at the table. They had cooked food for us. A lot of food. I smiled, and we both joined them at the table.

"So, how're you doing?" Brad asked, while I filled my plate with bacon, eggs and toast.

I hoped Alex would answer, but she was already eating, so she ignored the question.

"Umm... Okay, I guess."

"What do you have planned today?" Ellie asked, trying to steer away from questions about feelings. She could see we were both unsure on the matter.

"I don't know, maybe just watch some movies or something. I don't want to go out today," I answered.

"I'm going to go see my dad," Alex said. I turned to face her, surprised by her plan.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. He text me this morning, and said he wanted to talk. I told him I would go after I'd eaten and showered. Will you come with me?"

"I- I don't think he would-"

"Please?"

I sighed heavily. She knew I couldn't say no to her.

I nodded, in response to her question, and she smiled.

"Thank you," she replied, and put her hand on mine.

"How did he know you would be at the police station last night? Did they call him?" Rach asked Alex.

"No, his company's security system got into the video feed when I put the wrong code into the safe. He said he saw the video, and got straight in his car."

Alex looked at me, and I felt uneasy. Damien would have seen everything that happened. It explains why he thanked me, if nobody else told him what happened. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, going to see him. But part of me was still worried that he wouldn't approve of mine and Alex's relationship. It didn't bother me, but she seemed excited to see him, like she thinks he's changed, and if he hasn't, it'll break her heart.

"Do you need me to drive you there?" Mark offered.

"No its fine, I'll drive. But thanks," I responded.

We continued to eat, without talking any more about the events of the past few days. Then, Alex and I went upstairs and got ready to visit her father.

"Are you nervous?" She asked.

"I- I don't know. I just- the last time I saw him, he told me to stay away from you. I'm just not sure what to expect when we go there together, as a couple," I answered honestly.

"Me neither, but it doesn't matter. I'm not gonna listen to him complain about my sexuality anymore, and if he complains about you, then I'll be sure to give him my opinion about him, and I'm sure he won't like it."

I tried to imagine how that conversation would go, and I had visions of running from his security team again.

We said a quick goodbye to everybody, and got in my car. Alex decided that she wanted to drive, so I got in the passenger seat.

"Where are we going?" I asked, seeing that Alex was turning away from Damien's office building.

"My dad's house," she replied.

"He's not working?"

"No, he said he was staying home today to wait for me."

I was shocked. Damien seemed like a workaholic.

We turned into a cul-de-sac, that had six or seven huge houses. Each one was gated, and had expensive cars lining the driveways. I recognised Damien's car, it was the same one he had when I first met him.

Alex put her window down, and placed her thumb on a small screen on the wall next to the gate. The screen turned green and the gates swung open. It was a lot more high tech than my security, and I hate to admit it, but I was slightly jealous.

Alex parked my car next to Damien's, and we got out and walked to the front door. It opened before we could knock, and Damien stood there, smiling.

To my surprise, he was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I'd only even seen him in suits.

"Come in," he said politely, and I felt really uncomfortable.

We walked into the hallway, and a huge dog came bouncing towards us. It was a doberman pinscher. I'd only ever seen them in movies, where there ears were spiked up, and they portrayed scary guard dogs. But this beautiful creature had big floppy ears, and it's tail wagging rapidly when it saw Alex.

"Buster!" Alex shouted, and bent down to greet him. He jumped up her, and knocked her backwards. "I've missed you!"

Buster licked her face, and then came to sniff at me. I wasn't scared of dogs, but I was a little cautious when they were as big as Buster. I stroked his head softly, and he pushed it against my hand so I didn't stop.

"He's missed you too," Damien said, "he still waits by your bedroom door in the mornings."

Alex laughed slightly, and I smiled at the thought.

"Anyway, come through," Damien said, and led us into the living room. "Can I get you a drink?"

"No thanks," we both said in unison.

We sat on the sofa, while Damien sat on the chair, facing us. I was intrigued by what he was gonna say to us.