We Are the Ocean

Rey growls in frustration, tugging his hair roughly as punishment for teasing her and he groans low in his throat, lips peeling back in a feral snarl. She jerks a second time, hard, and he suddenly lunges forward, yanking her up by her bum and crushing her between him and the wall. Her legs instinctively hook at his back as his hands grip her ass and she bites at him, continuing to punish.

You made me frantic. Do you know that? We could have avoided this if you hadn't been so stubborn. Why did we have to wait this long... such a long time. The ache for him, for this heat, the pressure of his lips, the greed of his hands as they set her on fire—it's the only ache that has ever mattered. So far beyond hunger, beyond thirst. The secret moments they shared between that strange timeless eternity were only murmurings, quiet prayers for a greater something.

Balance.

She needs to breathe. Maker, let her breathe. Pulling back, she drags in a shivering dose of oxygen, her surroundings hazy, distant. For one bleary moment she considers his wounds, but the hunger howling for her from within his eyes dampens any concern.

He is ravenous.

She captures his mouth again, delighting in the hitch of his breath as she roams the planes of his chest, nails raking over sensitive nipples. He grinds into her, pulling free of her savage teeth and aiming for the flushed skin of her neck. She hisses and throws her head back, hitting the wall roughly, but she only has focus for him. So much heat. Nothing could have prepared her for this. She wants to feel him above her, below her. She wants to know what he looks like when he comes apart. What he feels like. She wants—

"Bed." she mutters incoherently, but he has already heard her thoughts.

In one fluid motion, Ben swings them around and strides to their destination with a grace Rey will marvel at later. His mouth never leaves her neck and she is practically writhing in his arms, pulling him off balance and making them teeter dangerously. He angles her against him, one of his hands bracing her back as he falls forward and the other stopping his descent fully. Her body bounces on the mattress and he hovers over her, shifting his hand from her back to her stomach, lifting her blouse inch by agonizing inch.

She swallows, throat working dryly as she holds his gaze. She wants more than anything to arch into his touch, to urge him faster, but a part of her hesitates. What lies beyond this final point she will cross? That little girl on Jakku is more a stranger now than ever before.

What resolution awaits that forgotten child? No. Not forgotten.

His fingers graze her breasts and she can't help the breathy noise that escapes her. He raises an affectionate brow as he studies her reactions, the scar—her scar—throwing a deep shadow across his cheek. She reaches up unconsciously, fingertips following its path as another breath escapes her. His lashes flicker, eyes darkening to that welcoming black abyss and she realizes his name had slipped from her lips. She swallows again, her breaths coming faster.

He lifts the hem of her shirt all the way to her neck and she raises her arms, allowing him to remove the garment. He tosses it somewhere behind her and lowers his face to hers. He's holding back, sensing her reluctance. She closes her eyes to break their stare and inhales a needed breath, then opens them again. She has faced all unknowns in her life as that girl had done, with her eyes forward and her heart set.

Ben's head suddenly dips low and his tongue paints a hot line down the center of her chest. Her fingers dig into his shoulders and she pulls at him shamelessly with her lower body, urging him closer. He kisses leisurely along her breasts, ignoring her impatience as she rubs against him, tightening her legs and growling like a petulant child. He chuckles as he takes one of her nipples into his mouth and she gasps, carving her nails down his arms and pressing her head back into the mattress.