See It Through

Rey blinks.

None other than Lando Calrissian winks up at her, his expression one of pure mischief, and she gapes at him. Remembering instantly that the last time they locked eyes had been when she was coming out of the bedroom which both she and Ben had shared brings a lively flush to her face and she drops her eyes, knowing for a fact he had spied some of the love bites peaking above her collar. Ben nods from beside her as they descend down the Falcon's ramp with Rose following close behind, her mouth thinned into a line of suspicion.

"Glad to see your wounds healing well." Lando grins slyly.

Ben clears his throat, glancing over at Lando's ship. "Why am I not surprised you broke with the plan? You were supposed to be among the Rebel forces."

"I was." Lando agrees. "But, I figured, what the hell. It's not often you get to see your little starfighter in action."

Ben stiffens, his face going positively crimson. "Don't call me that!"

"Calm down, Solo. Your pride will survive." Lando winks again. "You're as bad as your old man."

Something about the statement hangs in the air; not like an undesired guest as most statements like this would warrant, but softer somehow. Memory soft. Like a warm and distant when with smiling faces and innocent laughter.

"I really shouldn't say 'old.' Reminds me of me." Lando adds, only half joking.

Rey opens her mouth to speak, but Rose interjects in a brusque tone. "Excuse me, but who exactly are you?"

Lando steps up to her with a polite bow. "Lando Calrissian."

Rose's eyes go as wide as saucers. "You were the one who fired the shot that destroyed the Death Star in the Battle of Endor!"

"Guilty." he smirks.

"I guess it is a good thing you're here, then." She flashes him a broad smile while simultaneously nibbling her lip in embarrassment.

Rey finds Rose's expression both endearing and comical. A part of her wonders if this was her expression the day she had met Han Solo, wondrous and shocked to see one of her childhood heroes brought to life. Her eyes flit to Ben's profile and she notes his uncomfortable frown.

His frown is the ghost of his father when he's flustered, she muses.

From behind them, a growl echoes at the Falcon's entrance and Chewie suddenly lumbers down the ramp heading straight for Lando. A grunt of laughter escapes the man as Chewie lifts him up into his arms and Rey finds herself giggling at once. If things go well then hugs like these will be plenty. Her hands furl into fists. Maker, she hopes for it.

"It looks like Chewie knew about Lando's plan all along." Rey says around her fit of giggles.

"Of course he did." Ben drawls, looking on as if unimpressed.

"So how are we sneaking in?" Rose asks, bringing everyone back to the task at hand.

.

.

A blind spot, apparently.

Ben and Lando discuss what they know about the clandestine base as well as the planet of its location, a gaseous black and red giant with storms that can potentially disrupt scanners from detecting an incoming ship if the storm is large enough... and a ship comes in low enough. But that would mean—

"You can't be serious." Rey interrupts the conversation, glaring at Ben.

He centers his attention on her, expression placid.