Chaper 1 - A New Friend

This was my first fanfiction so I tried editing it a bit so it wasn't carroty. If you ever do cringe, I apologize in advance but also keep in mind this was written in 2012. Happy reading! :)

It was a warm Saturday morning of May in Los Angeles, California. The sun was up high and birds were tweeting away. A soft breeze was passing through the air and it moved the curtains in Natalie Dovette's room. Natalie was an average 17 year old girl. She had long brunette hair, a light complexion and hazelnut colored eyes. She was tall, but still under six feet. Natalie was very beautiful but unfortunately she never had a boyfriend. Instead, she buried herself in books from school and the library. It wasn't that she wanted to forget the sorrow but to increase her knowledge as much as possible. And also to pass the last year of high school with straight A's (not to mention her previous twelve years of perfect marks). Bottom line was, she wanted NO DISTRACTIONS!

Natalie woke up and looked at the clock across from her. It showed 8 o'clock. Perfect. Natalie scurried off her bed and quickly fixed it. She jogged to the washroom across from her room and started to brush her teeth and wash her face. She speed walked back to her room and opened her closet. She took out a faded yellow tank and denim shorts. She quickly dressed up, brushed her thick hair and topped it off with a pair of black Converse sneakers.

Natalie headed downstairs to the kitchen and greeted a tall and slender woman. She had dark brown shoulder length hair tied loosely in a bun. Her complexion was similar to Natalie's. She was wearing a baby blue robe. It was her mother, Mrs. Dovette. "Morning Mom."

"Good morning Natalie." Mrs. Dovette smiled. "Up so soon again?"

"Yeah." Natalie replied as she looked for a clean bowl.

"It's a Saturday. Why do you wake up so early?"

"How about you?" Natalie turned to her mom.

"The only reason I'm up so early today is because this tap wouldn't stop dripping all night! I came down to check if it's broken."

"Well you know I have to get to the library early so I get the books first!" Natalie said as she sat down with a box of cereal and her bowl of milk.

"Honey, I'm sure no one is in a rush to get all the science, history or whatever it is you're reading these days books at 8 o'clock on a Saturday morning!"

"It's biology weekend and I'm pretty sure you want me to pass Grade 12, so why complain? I'm completely fine with it."

"You're right. I'll leave it to you." Mrs. Dovette sighed and went upstairs back to bed.

"Bye!" Natalie mumbled with her mouth full of cereal.

"Bye hun!"

Mrs. Dovette was a lawyer and Mr. Dovette was a dentist. Both wanted their only child to be successful as them. Natalie was happy with the decision and wanted to be settled somewhere in the medicine field.

Natalie slowly put the bowl in the sink and the box of cereal on top of the fridge. Then quietly left the house. The huge public library was fifteen minutes away. Natalie popped a stick of gum in her mouth and started walking down the street.

-------------------------------

About fifteen minutes later, Natalie arrived at the huge building & she walked in. There was nobody inside except the librarian, Mrs. Ward.

"Natalie! Great to see you again." Mrs. Ward greeted her. She was in her 50s with short white hair. A very nice woman. Not the typical strict librarian.

"Hi, Mrs. Ward." Natalie greeted her back.

"What weekend is it today?" Mrs. Ward asked. Her and Natalie were really good friends. She was aware of Natalie's studying schedule.