fourteen

fourteenstrange weather

fourteen
strange weather

Pulling up on the streets of Small Heath in Tatiana's Bentley attracted far more looks than their usual transport. Tommy practically covered his face in embarrassment stepping out of the vehicle.

"I've got to go talk to the boys, I'll come through in a minute."

"Okay." Anna walked through the house to find Polly, Esme and Lizzie sat around a table. Anna smirked as she saw her mum sat with a damp cloth on her head.

"That'll teach you mum."

"Oh fuck off Anna, you weren't much better. Where did you disappear off to anyway?"

"I went back to the shop, thought I'd left my keys there." She lied, not wanting her mum to know she was back on the snow. "I have something to tell you actually."

"What is it?" Polly sat up slowly, removing the cloth. Anna shut the door she had come through, ensuring no one would hear what she was about to tell the ladies.

"Tommy has a plan. A plan that's going to leave us with a lot of money. I don't know the details but I do know that he's keeping it from the women."

"But they told you ey?" Lizzie taunted, clearly jealous of Anna's involvement in the business.

"Michael told me, I don't think he meant to. He caught me at a bad time, started waffling on about running away. I asked how and he said that."

"Well I'm not having this." Lizzie stormed out of the room, causing Anna to roll her eyes and light up a cigarette in anticipation of the inevitable argument brewing. Polly returned to her previous position while Esme began making herself a drink.

Walking in behind Lizzie, Tommy appeared amused at the sight of his aunt in such a way.

"I heard you were giving speeches off the back of a wagon Pol."

"I can't remember a fucking thing." She sighed in response.

"Moss told me you were threatening to burn down the town hall."

"We we're having a laugh, leave off." Anna interrupted. "Besides, you ought to be proud. The crowd round mum was bigger than the crowd round Jesse Eden.

"Who's Jesse Eden?"

"Shop steward at the factory." Esme handed Tommy a leaflet they had picked up.

"Oh yeah I've heard of her. What is it you want then? I don't know what you want so you'll have to tell me."

"Actually. We want to know about this plan you have." Anna sighed, fed up as Esme confronted Tommy. "The one you're not telling the women about."

"John has a big mouth."

"No. Michael has a big mouth." Tommy turned his attention to Anna, who was making an effort to look anywhere but in his direction.

"Ladies. Why don't I talk to Tommy and report back to you." Polly suggested.