• 1 •

• Amber's Outfit •

• Amber •

Hi.

I'm Amber. A normal, 11 year old girl. I like to read, play soccer, write, and cook. I'm just like any other girl, I like shopping and playing around with makeup. And I love to hang out with my brother, Auggie. Auggie. He's different. He looks different, but I love him either way.

Next week, we both star fifth grade. In my case, I'm super excited. My whole life I've been homeschooled with Auggie. Which is why I'm super excited. Auggie, not so much. He's freaking out, worrying about finally going to a normal school and not being homeschooled by our mom. I had to stay up with him and play card games for a while till he'd fall asleep.

Tomorrow, we have a tour of our new school (Beecher Prep) and I'm super excited!

"Amber..." Auggie groaned as our alarm rung continuously. I slammed the top of it and rolled out of bed as it shut up. "Get up Auggie. We have to get ready." I told him. I grabbed my outfit from the chair next to my bed and rushed towards the bathroom to change.

Last night when I picked out my outfit I had decided on a simple red and white striped tee, mom jeans, suspenders, and some plain white Vans. I brushed my teeth before combing through my hazel hair. After getting ready, I strolled downstairs to the kitchen where mom waved hello to me. "Excited?" She asked.

"Definitely." I replied, grabbing a muffin from the pantry before feeding Daisy our dog. Auggie came down the steps with a frown embedded on his face. You could really tell that he wasn't excited to be headed to school. "How are you feeling, Auggie? Are you excited?" Mom asked nervously. Auggie shrugged and sat down at the table. "They say that the Science classes are really nice." I whispered, trying to get him excited. "Lots of cool experiments."

"Yeah. Whatever." Auggie shrugged his shoulders again and slumped down lower into his seat. I turned to mom as she turned to me. She frowned, and mouthed a quick, 'I'm sorry'. I nodded. 'It's ok.' I mouthed. Auggie was always overwhelmed by everything, so I understand why he's scared that we have to go to school now. This is new to him, me, mom, Via, and dad.

Still, I'm almost bursting with excitement. I can't wait to get to Beecher Prep.

We walked towards Beecher Prep, Auggie's hand clasped in mine. Beecher looked really fancy, and a chill ran down my spine. Approaching the place, I saw a man who I believe is the principle. "Mrs. Pullman. So good to see you again. And you must be Auggie and Amber. What a pleasure to meet you two." The man greeted us. He shook Auggie's hand, then mine.

"I'm Mr. Tushman. You can laugh about that." He told us. "I've heard them all. Butt Man, Mr. Butt, Tushie, Low Cheeks.." Mr. Tushed continued on and Auggie and I began to giggle furiously before heading into the school called Beecher Prep.

Boy am I excited!

"And then, in the spring we have a science fair. And from what your homeschool teacher tells me, you two will get first prize." Mr. Tushman explained. "Actually, Auggie will win. I'm more of a performing arts/sporty girl." I explained.

We were sitting in Mr. Tushman's office listening to all the activities that Beecher would offer to me and Auggie. "Then, right before graduation, the whole class of 5th grade takes a trip to a nature reserve in Pennsylvania. It's the highlight of the year." Auggie and I smiled at each other as young,chattering voices came from outside. "Oh good, they're here." Mr. Tushman beamed happily.

Auggie and I both turned to the doorway where I saw three kids standing outside. Two guys and one girl. One had black, flat hair and fancy clothes which included a leather jacket, the girl had a dress and blonde hair, and the third one was, actually amazing. He was really handsome.

But, I need to calm down. I haven't even met this dude yet. How will I know what he's like? If he's nice or not? "Who are they?" Auggie asked silently. "Yeah, Who are they?" I repeated happily, turning to smile at Mr. Tushman. Mom looked at Auggie, he expression turning grim.

"Well, I thought it would be helpful for you to meet some of our students before you two start school." Mr. Tushman explained. "Other kids now?" Auggie asked hopelessly, turning to look at mom, then me. "They were in the elementary school so they know their way around and they'll give you two a nice tour."

Mom leaned down to talk to both of us, directing her attention more towards Auggie. "It will be fine." We both nodded, and stood up to check out the school.

hello!!!!

so, im going to try and update at least once a week. no specific day, just once a week AT LEAST.

-maya🤧