Chapter 9: Broken

Garroth POV

I feel awful. Not only am I trying to hurt my friends but now my youngest brother. Also, how did Vylad and Laurence get here? What did Michael mean by '2 shadow knights'? I don't see Sasha, Gene or Zenix anywhere. And I also don't see how they would help Michael.

Eclipse POV

I woke up with my head hurting like hell. Again. What's with those people and hitting my head!? I noticed I was in a lot of pain. Not just my head bit my whole body hurt. I sat up. "Are you okay?" Kawaii~Chan asked. I looked around. I don't see Vylad and Laurence. "Where are Vylad and Laurence?" I asked with panic clear in my voice. "They went with Michael in order to spare your life." Zane answered. "And you let them!? I need to go find them!" I said worried. As I tried getting up, pain shot up from my whole body.

"You shouldn't be getting up." Said Aaron. "I know I shouldn't. Do you think that'll stop me?" I asked. "Aaron, shut up. You did the same before." Said Aph. "Fair but I just had to fight Ein once I got up. Not someone who can control minds and had about 100 people following his command." Aaron countered. "Yes but you came from the dead." Aph responded. Aaron was about to say something, but I stopped him. "I don't believe this is important right now!" I yelled.

"I have to help Vylad and Laurence." I added. "Sorry." They both apologized. "It's fine just please. I can't bare to think of losing them." I said, tears forming in my eyes. "Alright, let's go." Said Zane. "You're coming?" I asked. "Of course. Those two helped us escape to go get Lucinda earlier. Plus, they have the same faces as people we know." Said Aphmau. "Alright. Just, be careful. Come on." I said then we all headed out. We headed back to that same building. Jeez. It's like they don't have any other hideouts.

We snuck inside and explored a little bit to see if we could find Vylad and Laurence. While we were walking, I noticed a door I hadn't seen before. I looked at the others and they didn't recognize it either. It was quite well hidden. I opened the door. I noticed many cells in the room. Third must be where Vylad and Laurence are. I walked into the room and started walking. Then, I heard Vylad and Laurence's voices. Laurence sounded pretty mad.

I ran over to the sound. "Eclipse? Why are you here?" Vylad asked. "Why? My question is why would you two just hand yourselves over to Michael!" I almost yelled. "We had to. He would've killed you." Responded Laurence. "And what do you think is going to happen to you two!? The only difference is that your death could also cause chaos!" I countered. "Well, you found us so can't you break us out?" Vylad asked. I sighed. "Yeah." I said. Just as I was about to break the doors to the cells, I heard Michael's voice from the door to the room.

"I wouldn't if I were you." He said. I turned to face him. "Look, I don't care what you need these two for but let them go." I threatened. "And why would I do that? They're going to help make me a powerful relic." He said. "I'll give you my relic." I replied. I know I can't win against him. Not right now. "I can't use your relic." He countered. "Yes you can. As long as I grant you access to my relic's power, you can use it. Just let them go." I summoned my relic.

"Fine. I'll let them go, but you need to give me access to your relic and then hand it over to me." He agreed. "Let them go first." I said. "No. I know you won't give me the relic then. Give me the relic first." He responded. "No. How about this, I'll grant you access to the relic but you won't get the relic until you let them go." I bargained. "Deal." He agreed. "Wait Eclipse! What are you doing!? You can't just hand over your relic!" Vylad yelled. "I can't fight him and I don't want anything to happen to you two." I didn't even bother to face either of them.

This was a hard decision for me. I'm just handing over something like this but I don't have a choice. I used my power to give Michael access to my relic. He then freed Laurence and Vylad. "Now. The relic." He said. I quietly nodded and sent the relic his way. He was about to grab it but the second he touched it, it glowed a very VERY bright light. It was blinding. The only reason I could even see what was happening in what light was because of my purple eyes. What I saw was both good and bad.

My relic, without my help, got rid of Michael. This time, for good. The bad part is that afterwards, I noticed it start to crack and the light grew less bright. The light was back to normal in time for us to see it break into pieces. I couldn't do anything but stare. All of the pieces vanished. All except for one piece that just fell to the ground in front on me. I picked it up but I felt a pain in my chest. It felt like my heart was hurting. I started getting a headache and I started feeling really weak. I was breathing heavily as I stood.

"Eclipse? Are you okay?" Aphmau asked. The world started spinning and I blacked out.

Katelyn POV

Me and Garroth were watching the whole time. We watched as the girl was about to give a relic to Michael. We watched as the relic glowed. We watched as it broke. At some point during all of it, I regained control. Me and Garroth ran over to the group. Just as we got there, the girl named Eclipse passed out. Coincidentally, I happened to be behind her as she fell back to I was able to catch her. "Katelyn? Garroth? Are you two back to normal?" Kim asked. "Yeah." Garroth answered.

"Now that I can talk. Vylad, Laurence, how did you two get here? And what was Michael talking about that whole time?" Garroth asked.

Maybe we can finally get some answers.