Informed

I just got back from seducing my target. He was sixteen so I chose to just weaken him. I still felt pretty weak myself though. But now the sun is coming up, so I don't have time to go for a second round. I haven't been to the human realm in so long. Everyone probably thinks I've been kidnapped or ran away. It's time to go back I think. I felt the need to inform Zile about me leaving. But after her attitude towards me the other day, I don't even want to look at her. It feels like she's just using me.

I walk into one of the caved hallways that lead to the room I always find myself waking up in or resting in. I'm assuming it's mine for now. I lay back down on the bed and close my eyes. I say the command to return me to the human world.

I open my eyes to see myself looking at a ceiling. A normal ceiling. Not a rocky one. I'm home. In my room. I sit up and look around. I was laying on my bed. Everything is packed up for some odd reason. I stood up, almost falling over. I'm not use to my weight. I feel so light without my wings.

I walked out of my room and slowly creeped down the hallway. "Dad?" He's probably been worried sick. I feel so guilty for leaving him. Even though he hurts me... I'm all he has left after mom's passing.

I walked out into the living room to see the TV on. A bunch of empty beer bottles were all over the floor. I stared at the television for awhile. It was the news. Reporting another person found dead in their bed. Not surprised. I sneered to myself. Knowing I'm apart of a species to cause such affliction.

Something hit me in the back of my head and pushed me down on the floor. I was flipped over on my back to see my father pinning me down. He grabbed my throat with his left hand and put his right hand up into a fist, as if he's about to punch me.

"Where the hell have you been!?"

Before I could respond he punch me on the cheek. "You think you're gonna get away this time?" He snickered. "Oooooh no, not this time." He continued to punch me, over and over again. I was spitting blood and could feel my cheek bruising. His grip around my throat tightened more and more. I gasped for air but it was interrupted with another blow across the face. My eyesight was getting blurry. I coughed up blood after each punch now. Until for some reason he got off me. I flopped down on the floor.

I think... I'm gonna pass out. I can almost hear my dad yelling. I faintly looked up to see my dad in a chokehold from someone. I couldn't make out who it was. But I knew it was a succubus. I could make out the outline of the wings. All I could see was my father going still and dropping to the floor. I dropped my head back down, slowly closing my eyes.

~~~~

I woke up in my chamber. In my succubus form. I laid there for a second, until I remembered what happened.

"Dad?!" I quickly sat up, getting up off the bed. I ran out of my room and down the hallway to the main area till I bumped into someone. I looked up to see Zile.

"I was just coming to check on you."

"Where's my dad? Is he ok?"

"Um. I don't know. I heard you got into another incident though," Zile clucked, crossing her arms.

"Wait, who brought me back here?"

"I don't fucking know." Zile was getting impatient with me all of a sudden.

"Then... I'm so confused."

"Look. I was minding my own business, spying on Kalee, until Tye came up to her reporting that you were attacked by a human. Which I'm guessing was your dad?"

"Oh... and um, yeah it was." So... was that Tye who saved me?

"So exactly why do you care if your dad is ok or not? If he just attacked you?" Zile had a disgusted look on her face.

"Well he's my dad. He's the only thing I have left back at the human realm. I'm just a high schooler."

"Oh right I forgot. You're still a baby."

"You don't have to be rude about it. I need to go talk to Tye," as I walked away, Zile grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"See if you can get any info on why he's an incubus now. And don't forget about what I need you to do. She's hasn't talked to me ever since Tye has been here..." Zile's words trailed off. She looked away and let go of me.

"Ok." I turned away, frowning. Ever since Tye has been here, Kalee hasn't been communicating with Zile? Her own apprentice? I think I can tell what's up, but I might as well go confirm it before just jumping to a conclusion.

I walked out of the hall into the opening of where all the succubi gathered. I looked over to the throne to see no one on it. He might be in Kalee's chamber which is a problem. I don't wanna have to explain why I need to talk to Tye.

As I went off on my search for him something grabbed onto my right wing and yanked me back, into another hallway within the area.

"Hey what the hell," I shook the grasp off my wing and swung around to stop and see Tye.

"Sorry. I wanted to talk to you, privately," he looked away.

"Oh. Me too."

He perked up. "R-really? I mean... anyways. Are you ok? One of our guards brought you back."

"Our?" I crossed my arms, narrowing my eyes. I'm sure. By that he means his and Kalee's.

"Yeah. Ya know... just whatever. Are you ok?"

He has an awkward vibe coming off of him. I can tell by his tone and body language, he won't stand still. "I'm fine. So how exactly did this guard know I was in trouble?"

He shrugged. "I don't know, but I guess it was a good thing that he did. He gave Kalee and I the details. Sounded pretty nasty."

I frowned, looking away. It was nasty. I wish my father cared about me. I wish my mom was still alive.

Tye cleared his throat catching my attention again. "I haven't talked to you since that night. Kalee decided to make me into a incubus instead of just killing me. She said she sees potential in me and that I'd be a fit leader."

"Leader?"

"Yeah! I'm her apprentice at the moment."

What the hell. "Has she ever mentioned a sucubus named Zile to you?"

"Um... no. Why?"

"Huh. Don't worry about it. But hey I gotta go. I'll see you around," I turned and walked away. I got some valuable information. Zile isn't gonna like this.

~~~~

"He's what?!" Zile's face turned red with anger.

"Sh! Calm down!"

"You know what that means? Once you kill Kalee, he'll just become leader."

"So you just want me to kill him too now? And so what if he does, I thought you just wanted Kalee out of your life?"

"Yeah but Tye just got here. He's hardly had time to even get all his abilities as a incubus. He's weak. A noob!"

"But does anyone even know he's, her apprentice? She hasn't made it public or else we would've  known about this sooner. So technically in everyone's eyes you're still next in line."

"Ugh I know but... I don't know." I could tell Zile is stressing, she started to pace a bit.

"I'm sure it'll be fine. How about this, I'll eliminate Kalee, and if Tye becomes ruler I'll just..." I couldn't get myself to actually say I'd kill him. I kinda have a connection to him.

Zile looked at me with such a hopeful expression. She leaned in and hugged me tightly for a long time. Later tonight, I'm gonna kill Kalee.