Strength

I'm terrified. I can feel my heart about to burst through my chest. It thud with every step I took closer and closer to Tye's chamber. I made my way up the throne and stood outside. The bodyguards moved aside, letting me proceed inside.

There, Tye was sitting on his bed. "Good. You came."

"What did you call me for, Tye?" I tried not to slur my words, trying to sound strong.

He stood up, and slowly walked towards me. "So Gemini. Why weren't you seducing last night, hm?"

He started to walk around me in circles, looking me up and down. "I was feeling tired, still trying to recover."

"So you think sex will help you recover?!" He stood in front of me, furious.

How did he know I mated with Lockett? "How did you-"

"The only way you'll recover, Gemini! Is by getting your broken ass out there and seducing, like Lockett is supposed to be helping you with!" He yelled so loud. He was pissed. It was frightening.

He paced around in front of me. "God Gemini! Should I just cut off your arms too!? What's it gonna take for you to fucking listen to me?!"

Why is he so mad? I feel like he's freaking out over the smallest problem in the world. All because I didn't go seduce one night? Not to mention I still don't understand how he knew what I did last night.

He got real close to my face, breaking me from my thoughts and back to  focusing on him. "You see that?" He smiled and pointed up to the ceiling.

I looked up and felt horrified. My body started to tremble. On the ceiling, were my wings. Pined up as some kind of damn trophy. I wanted to cry. I could feel the pain all over again just by looking at them. I dropped my head down and began to silently sob. "What's wrong with you? You were so nice Tye..." I cried.

He grabbed my face with one hand and lifted it up, holding it there.

"What's wrong with me? You, are what's wrong with me. You destroyed my life. Turning me into a monster. So... if I'm gonna be a monster, I might as well act like one."

I sobbed more, unable to pull my face away. "Kalee turned you, not me."

"But guess who started it all to force Kalee to turn me? You!" He jerked my face away. "Get out of my sight. Don't disappoint me again."

I quickly made my way out of his chamber. I just stood there. He hates me for what Kalee did to him. I may have forgotten to erase his memory but I could've worked things out.

My wings... they're his award. It's so disturbing to know that he has them in there. A piece of me that he stole. I wanted to cry. I felt so uncomfortable. I started to slowly make my way down the steps, off of the throne.

"There you are." It was Lockett. "What were you doing up there?"

"Did you tell Tye what we did last night?" I asked him, avoiding eye contact.

"No. No one. What's wrong?"

"He said I need to get back to seducing at once is all. Since I didn't do it last night."

"You look pale. Is everything alright?"

"I... I just need to get back to seducing. Skipping last night didn't help."

Lockett looked ashamed. He nodded.

"I want to do it alone tonight."

"You can't. You're still too weak, Tye's ord-"

"Ok fine. I want Zile to come with me," I interrupted.  "I just need like a girls night."

"Ok... I'm sure Tye will be fine with it. I'm going to go inform him," he began to walk away but then quickly stopped to look back and say I love you, before proceeding on.