ThAnK NeXt

"So is there something you want to tell me?" Memphis asked Tristan and Javier. She decided to go see them after that what had happened.
Tristan shrugged nervously. "No, why?"
"Because today, a flying stick and a killer Lizard Woman almost killed me." Memphis said.
"Oh." Tristan said, looking at Javier. "Oh AND I WAS ON THE FLIPPING MOON." Mephis said angrily.

"Well." Javiar said. "No don't tell her she isn't meant for this." Tristan rushed.
"But it is her fate!"
"BULL SHIT!"
"WILL YOU JUST..."

"BOTH OF YOU NEED TO SHUT UP!" Memphis screamed. "Now tell me!"

"OKAH. OKAH. FINE. Heres the truth about you." Javier sighed. "Twenty years ago a nice flying stick arrived with a levitating stroller and a box of chicken nuggets."
"The stick said, in a very smooth, enticing voice, that we should accept the child, the nuggets and protect you for life." Tristan said.
"We were so desperate for a kid that we accepted you, and the nuggets. And we never will regret that decision. The chicken was delicious." Tristan continued.

"We didn't know what your fate would be until your 18th birthday when we got a letter with clear instuctions about what to do." Javier said. "We decided not to go with these instructions and let you live a normal life."

"But we didn't think anything would happen." Tristan chimed in. "Until now."

Memphis looked at them. Angry that they lied, upset that they always told her she came from an orphanage.

"You no good... Stupid.... Shuckin.... Shank headed.." Memphis was at a lost for words. "You-you..."

"We protected you!" Tristan exclaimed.

"YOU LIED TO ME FOR MY WHOLE LIFE!! YOU said you didn't know who my real parents were!! Ya shanks know what?? That's it! I'm getting out of here. I'm going home." Memphis siad slammimg her hands on the table and leaving.

"Wait! You need to know!" Javier yelled but Mephis didn't hear him.

You shouldn't have done that. Lauren said.

Shut up. Memphis said.
Wait, what?

Memphis stopeddead in her tracks. How was this happening? She could hear Lauren who was at their apartment that was 6 miles away.

I think that MF Stick dude gave you powers. Lauren thought to her, horrified. Oh no. This means youre not a weak, powerless idiot anymore.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! IN YOUR UGLY FACE! Memphis thought.

Thats it. I'm kicking you out of the house. Lauren thought.

You can't just kick me out of the house. I pay the rent. You don't have a job. Memphis thought.

Well shoot. Anyway, what are we gonna do?

Meet me at Aubrey's house. And call Beth to meet us there. We need to talk about this. Memphis said. But before she stepped, she disappeared into thin air.

****

Five hours later, everyone had finally arrived at Aubrey's. She lived in the most gigantic mansion in the country. She had a pet flamingo named Manheart. She was filthy rich due to her job, which was being a Russian painter.

"Ok ok. You giys know how I have mind reading powers right?" Lauren began. Aubrey and Beth nodded. Then Laauren explained everything that that happened that day.

"Okay. So Memphis is like supposed to save the world of some klunk like that?" Beth asked. Lauren nodded.

"Okay. Only one problem: she's not here." Aubrey pointed out.

"Then where is she? She was tne one that told me to meet up here." Lauren said. The three people looked around and still didnt see her.

"Maybe she got lost in this gigantic mansion." Beth said.

Suddenly, Lauren heard a thought in her head that wasnt hers.

Help me! It screamed. I need help! Good God! Help!

Lauren sat there awestruck. Memphis?

Yuh! Yuh! You stupid idiot! Help m-

The connection was cut.