Chapter five

The plan was simple. Dick would lure Harley and the Joker inside the house, Jason, Tim and Damian would close the door behind them, so the villains wouldn't be able to escape and the Young Justice, who had hopefully already defeated the goons by then, would catch the Joker, without anyone getting kidnapped, injured or killed. That would be really nice, but of course, something had to go wrong. Thing just can't be simple for once.
A warning for everyone who has to deal with the Joker: Don't make plans. The Joker will just do something totally unexpected or mad and mess up the whole operation.
The four rules of Leonard Snart work every time: make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

Same thing here, though Jason thought that this plan sucked from the beginning anyway.
_______

"I heard you were looking for me," said Dick loudly, looking at the madman and his queen challengingly. They seemed startled for a second, but the Joker quickly recovered from his shock and laughed, the crazy laugh that send shivers down everyones spines. "Who do we have here? Richard Grayson, I assume." He mock bowed. "It's an honor to meet you."

Dick narrowed his eyes. "I have a proposal for you. I'll go with you willingly, without fighting back, but only if you leave my brothers alone." He paused. "And only if you can catch me."

Jason smirked from his hideout. Dick was fast, like really fast, and he seriously doubted that the Joker would be able to catch him. The mad clown laughed once more, chuckling at Dick, as if he were some cute, little child. "It was stupid of you to come here alone, little boy. What stops me from kidnapping you now and coming back for your brothers?"
Dick rolled his eyes. "Well, to kidnap me, you still have to catch me first." Joker grinned and turned to Harley. "Get him."

The blonde laughed crazily and replied, "Sure thing, Puddin'," taking out her baseball bat and charging at Dick full speed.
Tim snickered quietly. What a stupid move.
Dick waited as she raised her bat, ready to knock him unconscious and jumped to the side at the last second without a sweat. Harley let out a surprised yelp and ran head first into a tree. Dick had to bite his lip to stop himself from laughing as she fell to the ground, knocked out cold.

"Now that was rude," said a very angry Joker, his wide, red lips pulled into a pout. "Didn't your mother teach you not to let people run into trees?" Dick clenched his fists, narrowing his eyes. "No, and even if she did, I don't think her rule applies to psychos. So, do you accept my deal or not?"

Joker glanced at the Manor, where he could see the Young Justice taking down the thugs he'd hired. He realised that he didn't have much time before the heroes would have finished them all off and come searching for him. He needed to act fast.
He snickered madly and grinned at Dick, showing his yellow teeth. "Bad, boy, really bad, Richard. Me not like ultimatums. Hehehe, let's destroy grammar. Like, seriously, how can anyone expect us to remember all that frippery." He sighed deeply and did something the brothers had not expected him to do. He pulled out a gun.

Dick's eyes widened slightly and Jason mentally face-palmed. "Damn it, we forgot that he has a gun," he muttered, watching the Joker's next moves carefully. The maniac laughed and a chill went down Jason's spine. This just got a whole lot more dangerous.

"No, I don't accept," sang-sung the Joker, aiming the gun at Dick's head. "But I don't think that you were stupid enough to come here alone, so we're are your brothers?" He looked around, gun still maimed at Dick, hopping from one foot to another. "Come out, come out, wherever you are," he sung.

Jason stayed still, glancing at Damian and Tim, who didn't move a muscle, their eyes following the Joker's every movement. Someone had to do something, before this shit show escalated. "Come out!" yelled the Joker, finger hovering over the trigger of the gun. He was not a very patient man. Jason knew that from experience. "Or I'll shoot your brother."