Chapter seventeen

Castor, Joker's son, crouched down at the edge of a rooftop. His eyes scanned his surroundings, his ears listening for the slightest sounds. He smirked as he heard a bang from a few warehouses to his left. Every other person wouldn't have been able to detect the sound, but Castor wasn't normal, he was trained.

That was the main difference between him and his father. The Joker's power laid within his tricks and traps, not martial arts. Castor was a master of both.

He smirked as he saw the heroes come out of the building. Aqualad was carrying a knocked out and bloodied Robin and Superboy carried Red Hood, who didn't look much better than his partner.
His grin faltered as he saw who Batman was holding. Green hair, now coated in red and the once purple suit. "That is unexpected," he muttered. Unexpected, yes, bad... not necessarily.

Then, he stared chuckling, clutching his stomach as he was full out laughing. He wiped his eyes as a creepy grin spread across his lips. "What a turn of events." Castor didn't feel sorry for his father. That man was the reason he hadn't seen his mother for so long.

When he was fourteen, the Joker had send him on one of his little missions and said that he wasn't allowed home until he had completed it. Said mission took two years to finish, but he didn't go home after that no, he had been found by someone.

This someone had trained him. At first, Castor had been sceptical, but his teacher had told him that, if he completed his training, then he wouldn't have to let himself be pushed aroud anymore, he could finally stand up to his father and could start a better life with his mother. That was seven years ago. Now he was twenty-three and finally ready to come back to the city he was born in.

There were a few reasons for him to be back, actually, one being his mother. Even if he detested his father, Harley meant the world to him. He couldn't understand why she stayed with the Joker. He was treating her like dirt when all she wanted was his attention and love. He'd make it up to her. He knew that she never stopped looking for him and that was all he could ever ask for.

His second reason: revenge.
Not on his father no, on someone who had betrayed him a long time ago. Castor frowned. Some would say it is stupid to loath a kid that was seven years younger than oneself, but Castor didn't care. He'd make him suffer.

Three, his little project. Even after he had finished his training two years ago, he never lost contact with his master. They stayed in touch and one and a half years ago, they'd started to work on a project called W.I.N.G.. They'd decided to buy a building here in Gotham to work on their experiment. His master was already here, but kept a low profile, so he wouldn't be on the Bat's radar. The scientists they had hired had finally succeeded with one of their test subjects and Castor was going to check out the results.

The young man forced his attention back to the people below. He could hear sirens in the distance, police or ambulance he wasn't sure, and groaned as he realized that he still needed something from his father. He pursed his lips and took out a smoke pellet filled with knock-out gas. If the bats and the team hadn't been so distracted, they probably would have been able to spot him, but they had two injured birds and a hopefully dead wanna-be father of the year to take care of, so Castor stood up to get a better aim and threw the smoke pellet on the street below.

He smirked as he saw how the heroes went down one by one. A snort escaped his lips as he heard Artemis groan out, "Not again."
Castor jumped down the building, a fall that could have easily killed him, but he landed in a perfect roll and put on his gas mask. Then he slowly walked through the mess of limps on the ground until he reached his father. "How I'd love to let you bleed out on the streets like the rat you are."

He shook his head and his blue hair was illuminated by the pale light of the street lamp that desperately tried to shine through the still thick fog. Castor grabbed his father roughly and slung him over his shoulder, smirking at the pained moan that escaped his lips. "You deserve this." His voice was muffled from the mask and dripping with malicious joy. Then he vanished into the night.
____________