Chapter six

Damian was seriously freaking out right now. One of his brothers was bleeding to death and the other two were kidnapped by Gotham's Clown Prince of Crime. That imbecile of a person would pay if he hurt Grayson.

"We need to get him inside!" he instructed, looking at the heroes behind him.
"Right," muttered Kaldur, taking the lead. "Megan, lift him up with your powers and carry him inside." Miss M. did as she was told and the group hurried to the Manor, laying the injured boy on the kitchen table.

"Alfred his going to kill us," muttered Damian as he looked at the pool of blood that was slowly forming around Drake. "Can you help him?" Kaldur looked troubled. "I am not sure t-"
"But I am," said Damian firmly, clenching his fists. They had the medical supplies they needed down in the Batcave. "Father is going to kill me, too," he whispered to himself. Then he looked at the team. "I know how we can save him, but you'll have a lot of questions, which I'll not answer."

He didn't leave any room for discussion, grasping the other boy's hand. "Don't worry, dumbass. I'm not letting you die." He frowned. "Not because I care, you just still owe me money and Grayson would kill me if I let you perish at the Joker's hand. Todd already did that."
_______

Somewhere else, in an abondened warehouse (cliché much), Jason was slowly regaining consciousness. There was a dull throbbing in the back of his head. What the actual fuck happened? He felt drowsy and his eyelids were too heavy to open them. He tried to remember, but his memory was fuzzy. They had been outside the Manor, with the Joker and then the gunshot- his eyes snapped open.

"Tim!" He heard a dry chuckle from beside him. "Took you long enough to wake up." Jason slowly turned his head, the pain in his muscles screaming at him to stop. "Dick? The fuck happened?"

He took a closer look at his brother. He was strapped to a chair, but other than the worry clearly on his face, he seemed fine. What really confused him were the chains around his wrists and ankles. Dick shrugged, seemingly reading Jason's mind. "No idea why he didn't just use rope? Did you realise he just abandoned Harley? She's still lying somewhere in our garden."

Jason rolled his eyes and looked down at himself. He realised that he was in the same position as Dickhead, strapped to a chair, chains around his wrists and ankles. "How did we even get here?" He could feel Dick tense next to him. "After that sick son of a b-"
"Language, young man," smirked Jason, but he quickly shut up as Dick shot him a batglare. "As I was saying, after the Joker shot Tim-" Jason could see how much self control it took for Dick not to break the chair and search for the maniac who had hurt his brother, "We were distracted, so he injected us with some kind of drug. Damian was out of his reach, he is still with Timmy."

Jason clenched his fists. "I may not be the biggest fan of the Demon Brat, but I know he'll do anything to save the Replacement. Don't worry, they will be fine." Dick seemed to relax slightly. "Well, I guess the drug knocked us out and the Joker took us." Jason nodded grimly. "Yeah, no shit, Sherlock. Can you get out of the chains?"

Suddenly, someone behind them laughed. "None of you are getting out of these chains, boys. Don't even try." Jason tensed. He would recognize that voice anywhere and everywhere, it was, after all, the last thing he'd heard before he died. The weight of the situation crashed into him like a speeding train. He was in the clutches of his killer. Again. He was with the Joker, bound, weaponless, defenseless... He was going to die again. Fuck, there was no way the Joker would let him survive this, he knew what was coming, but fuck this, Joker still scared him shitless.

His breath was becoming shorter and he couldn't get his damn heartbeat under control. Fucking shit, he had to get out! Joker was going to die this time, not him, he was not going back in the ground.