Chapter eight

Damian growled in frustration. Three days, three long days and they still hadn't found anything on the Joker. His useless brothers were still nowhere to be found and Drake, the fool, had insisted on not staying in bed.

"Where is that imbecile?" he growled, staring holes into the Bat-computer. That's when the alarm sign popped up on the screen. "Great," muttered Damian sarcastically. "A robbery." Just what they needed. He sighed and called the team downstairs. Damian would never admit it, but he was worried for his brothers, Drake somewhat included. He was still injured, and a bullet to the stomach doesn't heal fast.

Someone cleared their throat and Damian spun around. The team stood behind him, looking nervous.
"Did you find anything?" He shook his head. "No, but there is a robbery going on. I need you to go there while I keep on searching for Grayson and Todd." Kaldur nodded. "We will put the thief behind bars, but you need rest. When was the last time you slept?" Damian shrugged. "Don't know, don't care."
"I will look for Dick and Jason," said a voice and everybody turned their heads towards the entrance of the cave.
"Tim, you are supposed to sleep. You're still healing," scolded Artemis, crossing her arms over her chest. Tim just rolled his eyes. "I'm fine. Damian, you go to sleep. Now."

Damian glared at Tim, but he knew that his brother wouldn't back down, so he sighed and nodded reluctantly. If he thought about it, he was pretty tired and sleep wouldn't hurt anyone. "Fine, but call me as soon as you find anything." Tim nodded.

"Don't you have a mission?" the older boy asked the team, watching his brother ascent the stairs. Kaldur didn't seem happy to leave Tim alone, but be nodded. "Just be careful, your wound hasn't fully healed yet."
"Yes, yes, now go. I'll get some coffee and I'll be fine."
With one last worried glance at Tim, the team left the Batcave as well.

Tim turned his attention back to the screen. He noticed with a slight smirk that Damian had managed to hack into the security cameras all around Gotham. "So he did listen during my hacking lessons," he muttered.

His eyes searched for anything suspicious, anything that hinted at the Joker, Harley or his brothers. He didn't know what had happened after he'd been shot, but the brat had told him that Joker had left Harley and once Tim had been out of danger, Damian'd went back to bring her in, but she'd been gone.

With a sigh, he rubbed his eyes. There was nothing unusual on the video feed, so he decided to watch over the Young Justice's mission.
_________

Megan was sensing a lot of different emotions from the team. Mostly guilt and worry. Megan herself felt very sorrowful. Now that she knew that Dick was Robin, things had gotten personal. No one messes with their team without consequences.

Megan sighed and asked, 'Is the mind link up?' The team nodded. 'Good,' said Aqualad, taking the lead, 'Let's move. We need to be at the jewellery store before the thief leaves.' They moved forward.

Megan looked through on of the store windows and gasped, covering her mouth. 'What the hell is that?!' She could hear Connor growl threw the mind link, seriously grossed out. 'That's Scarecrow. One of Gotham's regulars.' Explained Artemis.

Wally snort and looked at him closely. "Well, I bet he doesn't have a girlfriend." Artemis hit him across the head. 'Not important, idiot. And speak through the link, he could hear you.' Wally rolled his eyes. 'Whatever.'

"Let's go in,' commanded Aqualad. He took out his weapon and position himself in front of the door. 'I will kick the door open, Miss M., Superboy and Wally will come through the windows and Artemis will follow me, understood?' Everybody nodded their heads and Aqualad held three fingers up. Then he started the countdown and kicked the door open when his last finger was down.