Chapter 1

"Kacey, come on these boxes aren't going to take themselves into tho house." I groaned as I pulled out my earphones and stuffed it into my backpack. Why did my mother have to be a pain in the ass sometimes.

I opened the car door and gazed one last time at our new house. Victorian styled and old was all I could truly say about this place, also well maintained but so damn old. My mum just had to choose an old outdated house.

I went to the trunk of my mums car and took out a box, I carried it inside only to see my brother and sister sitting on their lazy asses.

"hello!, boxes need to be carried." I yelled at both of them. They both jerked up with such a shock that I couldn't help the giggle that escaped my mouth.

"I'm older then you, why do I Have to listen to you." My brother Nathaniel groans as he gets up and puts away his phone.

"because shes right." my mother says as she passes us. I smile with triumph as Nathan rolls his eyes.

"ugh but I'm lazy." my sister laura groans this time. She was one year smaller then I was yep my parents didn't give it a brake for three years. Just popping babies like no tomorrow.

"just shut up and get it done." I say with a smirk knowingly she hates to be bossed around.

"whatever." she says as both of them start walking to the car to take out boxes.

The box in my hand was luckily going to my room so that's where I headed. I climbed my way up the stairs and went right down the hall to my room.

The huge windows were letting a great amount of sunlight through. I had to give my mum some credit, this place felt sort of magical. Maybe living here wouldn't be so bad after all.

After two hours or so my room was completely finished with being unpacked. The kitchen and living room was done an hour back. Our whole house was probably unpacked by now but Laura's room probably was half done, she truly wasn't lying when she said she was lazy, she might of inherited all the good looks from my mum but not her determination to work hard.

"hey mum I'm gonna go take maxxy for a walk." I scream as I grab a bottle of water and my protection knife.

"okay honey just make sure your not out to late." your probably thinking my mums very lenient but trust me she's not. She knows maxxy, our Rottweiler would be with me. I mean no one would try and do anything to me if they see me with a huge drooling Rottweiler.

I grabbed his chain and took him into the forest. It was only 8:23 Am so the sun was harsh as it hit my eyes but as soon as I entered the forest it completely shielded my eyes. Maxxy was quite enjoying himself in the forest. I still had to hold his leash because if there was an innocent person in the forest that meant he would attack them and I definitely can't have that, his not an aggressive dog he just thinks everyones out to get me.

The fresh air and the earthy smell of the pine was completely mesmerizing, okay maybe I could get used to this pretty fast.

We continued to explore this vast forest filled with beauty. But suddenly the air became tight. And I was attracted to something but I didn't even know what it was so I kept on walking into this unfamiliar direction. After a few minutes I was standing in front of a huge bush, nothing visible through the endless thick green wall. Maxxy gave me a confused look as he tilted his head to the side.

"what the heck let's just go." I said finally giving up with the internal debate on whether we should go inside or not.

I pushed away strong branches and punched my way through. Finally we were through the green wall. Now a gate was standing in front of me in all its rusting glory. It looked pretty strong by the thick bars I tried looking for a latch of some sort only to see a lock, it looks a few decades old. Don't ask me how I came up with that analysis I honestly don't even know myself.

Guess I'll have to come back with a tool or something so I can enter this very mysterious place.

Maxxy and I turned back, maybe this was enough of this creepy place.

We got out the bush and started walking back home.

He was trained to follow my trail so there was no problem there.

"hey!"

"AH!" I screamed as my eyes suddenly shifted to the girl in front of me.

"ooh sorry I didn't mean to startle you." she chuckled and I cluchted onto my chest as my heart practically ran a marathon. "I'm Olivia." she Introduces herself as she extends a hand.

"Kacey." I say after finally shaking her hand. She seemed like a nice girl, her tinted blonde hair was set into a pony tail and she wore a black shirt with short jeans.

"are you new. I've practically lived here my whole life and I've never seen you, yeah your probably new. Oh gosh I'm ranting again I'm sorry this is a thing I do when I meet strangers." it took me a minute to comprehend her words by the speed she was talking, If her mouth was a person I bet she'd beat bolt himself.

"um yeah I'm new." I say giving her a soft smile.

"you in high school?." she asked.

"yeah, sophomore and you?" maybe she could be my friend or something okay that sounded so lame.

"ooh great im also a sophomore and I'm guessing your coming to Middle Lake High as well I mean it is the only high school in this town." she chuckles. Only then did I notice how pretty she was, he dark brown eyes almost sparkled in the slight sunlight and her body held a model like frame, she was a really beautiful Asian girl.

"yeah I am. Hey I kinda need someone to show me around, would that be okay with you?." I asked kindly as I send a warm smile her way. I mean I did need friends since I was new in town and Olivia did seem like a nice girl.

"ooh yeah sure anytime. Wait the first day of school tomorrow starts I'm sure I can show you around after if your not busy?." she offers as we start walking to the direction of my house.

"sounds great." I say. "so why are you alone in the woods." i said curiously.

"well I live not to far from the boarder of the forest but I like to take a quick drive here sometimes and just walk, it kind of gives me time to breathe and think." well that actually made perfect sense. "so tell me about you. What's your story?." that sounded very chessy I thought.

"um well my full name is Kacey May I just moved here with my two siblings and my single mum." she immediately gives me a slight sympathetic look as I tell her my mother was single. "yeah my dad kind of walked out on us when we were little but enough of that jerk. My older brother Nathaniel is a complete football jock and his in his senior year while my sister Laura is an artistic maniac and she's a freshman and lastly I'm the middle child that's basic beyond mesaures." I chuckle at the last part." what's yours?" I ask in return.

"well i live with my mum and dad, I'm sadly the only child. I'm a fashion freak and I love dogs." she says and she smiled down at maxxy who surprisingly hasn't even barked when he was near her. Suddenly her face lights up as if she's remembered something. "this brother of yours, is he hot?" lord save me. I roll my eyes as she bursts out laughing.

"why don't you find out for yourself." I chuckle.

Well this was an interesting first day at town handerson ville. A mysterious gate and a new friend, what are the odds?.