Chapter 4

"Well, you don't know this, but at sunset, I'll sort of disappear." Bear notified me. I came to a sudden stop, and he bumped into my back.

"What?" I asked, confused as to what the hell this guy was talking about.

"I wasn't lying when I said I was dead, somehow every midnight I appear and then suddenly I'm gone five minutes after the sun is up and shining." he huffed angrily at the last part. Okay, I definitely must have gone crazy if I was believing this story. Yep, almost gone crazy.

"okay ill be the judge of that. Come on." I say as I gesture for him to follow me. We were right near my house, and soon enough, it came into view.

"This place kind of looks familiar." he said under his breath.

"Yeah, all the towns houses are sort of designed like this." I inform him.

"Oh yeah." he Whispers.

"Come on." I say and see maxxy basically run to Bear but not in the "your near my owner, I'm going to kill you" kind of way but rather "hey you look new let's be friends" kind of way, well I'm definitely losing my brains.

"Usually, he would tear someone's arm off if he saw me close to someone." I say as I watch my dog rub himself against Bear and enjoy every moment as Bear pets him.

"Guess I'm not like normal people." he says, smirking. That smirk would've usually made me weak to my knees, but this time, I stared at him in confusion. Something was definitely not right here, and I know im stating the obvious.

"Okay, let's go, dog Whisperer." I groan, starting to walk to the door.

I unlatched the door ever so slowly, making sure it didn't make any noise at all. I walked inside, and Bear followed behind me. He walked in so fast that he bumped into my back. Only then did I realize how tall he really was, 6'3 I think, almost towering my small frame of 5'4.

"Will you just go slowly." I said, glaring at him.

"Well, most girls would ask to go faster." That arrogant little bastard.

"Ugh, just shut up and let me get you some clothes." I said, turning around and tip toeing my way to my room.

Soon, we were at my rooms door, and I practically pushed ghost boy into my room.

"I'm going to get you clothes just sit on my bed and don't touch anything." I said sternly as I rushed to the laundry room. I grabbed one of Nathan's baggy shirts and basketball shorts and rushed back into my room, finally closing my door.

"Here, put these on in my bathroom." I said, pointing at the door where my bathroom was.

He walked soundlessly and closed the door without making much noise.

I sighed as I practically fell on my bed. What have I gotten myself into this time, I've been out to the forest at dangerous times and now I've brought home a devishly handsome stranger who might be a psycho with rock hard abs and oh shit where am I going with this- oh yeah I'm totally fucked.

Bear comes out of the bathroom and hands me over the blanket.

"Thanks for bringing me here, but i wasn't lying. When that sun comes up, I'm gone like dust, but after midnight, I'll be back." he said seriously as he sat down on the edge of my bed gazing outside my window at the beautiful bed of stars in the sky.

It was truly beautiful. I have to give him that, a complete ocean of shining white orbs placed ever so randomly in the sky, and we have the most of luck to gaze upon it every night.

"So how did this even happen to you?" I asked out of curiosity.

"I can't really remember how it happened, I don't even remember how long I've been like this. During the day somehow my spirit wonders the lake, I can see things but my body is never there and I can never touch anything and after midnight it's like I'm swallowed back into that lake and pulled out somehow." he said in a slightly bored tone. Well, this was far from boring.

"So you don't know anything at all?" I ask yet again.

"Nothing but a few dots here and there like my name and age, but anything then that I'm quite completely lost." he Whispers looking as if he was suffering inside, his emotions were quite genuine by his facial expression and especially his eyes, you can tell a lot about someone through their eyes.

"Well, maybe I can help you discover who you are." Oh God, Kacey, what are you doing? What do you even know about playing Scooby-Doo and solving mysteries.

"As great as that sounds, where would we even start, who would even believe you about me, I'm good as a fairy tale." he says, chuckling at the end.

"we don't even need to mention you're alive. Maybe I could just ask about the deaths that happened a few years ago." Yep might as well call me Velma, I think her character would suit me best.

"If you're okay with it, but why would you even do this? I mean, you don't know me." he says, looking seriously into my eyes, his blue orbs almost stealing my soul. They were such an unusual shade of blue, sky blue would be the best form of explanation to explain them, but they almost shined in the moonlight, I bet sometimes they changed to gray.

"I honestly don't know why I'm doing this, but it just seems that no one else would ever do so. They'd probably think you were crazy." what I was saying was the honest truth, if I wasn't completely gone in my head mentally I would think he was lying but something deep down inside of me is screaming that his telling the truth and that part of me is taking over every other hesitation at this very moment.

"Thank you." he says even more seriously this time.

"So tell me about you. I know you don't know your past, but what is it Like- I mean"

"Being a ghost." he smirked.

"Yeah," I chuckled as I sat in front of him.

"it's cold, really cold and the only times I truly feel like Im not dead is every time I come out that lake after midnight, it's like I wake up and Im here alive as I was the day before I died" he frowns. My heart went out to him. This was beyond the limits of normal.

That whole night we spoke, I mostly told him about myself, and now we were laughing a stupid memory of mine.

"So you cut the poor girls hair off with a pair of safety scissors." he chuckled, his pearly white teeth visible as he smiled.

"Hey, in my defense, we were only in 3rd grade, and no one asked her to steal my first boyfriend." I laughed guiltily.

"Oh shit." he says suddenly while gazing at the window where the sun was starting to raise. "Don't come out to the forest today, I'll come here since I know how to leave now, thank you for finding me, Kacey." he smiled genuinely, I was about to ask him what he meant when my eyes couldn't believe what they were seeing.

He started to fade away into pure dust, and suddenly, all of him was gone. I was completely shell-shocked as I gazed at the open window in which the dust had disappeared.

Did this boy just Avengers end game me...