Chapter 10

... "Well, I haven't heard from Delilah for 29 years or so, I used to check up on her regularly, making sure she and her family were okay and dealing with the death of Braxton." he said before a look of suspicion crossed his face as he squinted his eyes at me. "If you don't mind me asking, why would you be so interested in this?" Suddenly, I felt under pressure, and I needed to come up with a seriously good lie.

"um well we have this essay thing at school, and we need to do like a real tragic story and I thought I'd come here and ask a few questions about anything." Well, that wasn't too bad at all, im quite proud of myself. "So will you help me try to contact her?." I ask, batting my eyelashes, trying my best to convince him.

He looks skeptical at first as he closes his eyes and then takes a deep breath before speaking.

"Write down your name and contact details." he says, taking a pen and page from his desk, I look at him confused, and then he speaks again. "I'll have to do some digging up, but once I find out how to contact Delilah, I'll phone her first." his voice rising slightly at the end with a stern sting to it. "and see if she's comfortable with you asking a few questions,"

"Wow, that would be great. Thank you, Officer Charlie." I say with a huge smile. Im really grateful for what Charlie is doing for me, and I'm excited at the same time, but I'm also hoping that Bears Sister will accept my request to speak with her. This was all so nerve wrecking and at the same time it felt unreal as if I was living some sort of fairytale and I had ended up with ghost boy and unwrapping his endless mysteries in which he can't unwrap himself.

I left the police station and headed home thinking about the information I had gathered today. Somehow, that lake preserved bears body for only a little while, though, but although bears lost his memory, he still lived a life of, well, absolute nothingness. His lost his family and the life he could have possibly lived. Maybe I was overthinking all of this but how am I going to tell bear, would he even care I mean it's not like he has any memory of his family to feel sympathetic towards the whole situation.

Yep! I'm losing it.

I got home only to see luara at the door with a huge smile plastered on her face.

"I got it, I got it!" she starts to chant. I look at her and realize maybe she's lost it too.

"Your period?" I joke, aww, come on, that was funny.

"No idiot, the lake. I found out, or I have a damn good theory as to what the hell it is." I look at her completely flabbergasted at what she's telling me. Thank God she's the one with the brains, well, that can still be very negotiable.

"Tell me everything," I say as I pull her towards the forest for a little walk and, most importantly, some privacy.

"Okay, okay, gosh crazy much," she huffs before continuing. "So basically, in the 1600s, there was this witch who helped preserve things for royals. She was extremely good at whatever she did to those objects royals wanted to preserve but most importantly she was trust worthy so anyways one day a king asked her to preserve something for him and so she did but because this item or whatever was so precious to him he didn't want anyone knowing about it so he took the witch to a near by lake and drowned her until she died and the lake consumed her body" she took In a deep breath before continuing. "I think that Bear is possibly one of the items her spirit is latching onto." Well, that was a perfect analysis. I swear I thought my head would explode with all these new things I'm learning every day, but the question I truly ask myself right now is that now that I've learned about all this magical stuff is

Do unicorns exist?

Okay! Stay on topic, Kacey. I'm such a nerd sometimes.

"his name is Braxton," I say, and then she gives me a confused look. "Not bear"

"How would you know?" she asks, and then I take a deep breath before telling her everything I learned today. She looks at me with hope in her eyes as I finish off. "You know what this means?" she says a bit to happy.

"Enlighten me," I smile.

"we'll finally be able to help him find out who he was and what his personality was like and if he was a jock, I bet you a hundred dollars that bea- I mean breaxton was a football jock because that just makes so much sense why his body is like that and I bet his parents are like super good looking because his like just way too hoott-"

"luara!" I chuckle as I stop her from rambling on. She might break her vocal cords with the way she's trying to complete with Busta rhymes here.

We talk about our day and laugh together about stupid jokes about Nathan and how luara thinks she almost caught him masterbate which is quite traumatizing to me but almost really good leverage to use when we need to tease him.

But jokes aside. I needed to rest right now, I couldn't process all of this, and what I truly needed was some oreos and a nap.

Everyone deserves that truth of their own life.