5.0 KINGS

"No I didn't pull it. It was just... like that." I spoke with my head in my hands.

"What do you mean you didn't pull it?! If you didn't then who did?!" She yelled. X just said there awkwardly. Some guard walked up to us.

"Is everything ok over here? Is she trying to hurt you?" The officer said.

"No we're just fine." I replied.

My mom used to rob banks. Her and 3 other women. The other two got killed so my mom went in hiding, in Mexico. She made one friend there who turned out to be a cop. She was identified and sent to prison. (That was a 'Set it Off' reference)

At first she was admitted to  some prison in Mexico. She got transferred to the Florida state prison when she "started a riot". Which she didn't. After she got sent to prison my dad ran off to be with some new family instead of taking care of the one he already built. Pussy. He never checks up on us. He's never even sent a card. He doesn't even send money to help feed us. Hence the reason I had to ask Don for money. Anyway, she gets out in a couple of months.

"Are You sure your brothers didn't do it?" She asked calming herself down. I nodded.

"I checked on her before I went to bed. They were sleep." I replied. She put her face in her hands.

"You have 10 more minutes." The Officer said. We all nodded.

"So tell me about yourself, Jahseh." She said wiping her tears. It was obvious she just wanted to change the topic.

"Well um. I'm 19. I live next door. I'm from here. So yeah." He said briefly. I slightly chuckled at his response.

•••

"Times up." The Officer said. I nodded and hugged my mom. She gave me a kiss on the cheek.

The officer roughly grabbed my mom by the arm and practically dragged her away. My eyes began to water and a tear soon fell down my cheek. Jahseh noticed and wrapped his arm on my shoulder. I laid my head on his shoulder. After a couple seconds we both got up and began to walk away.

We made it back outside the prison. I ordered an Uber.

•••

"Stop at this 7/11." Jahseh said. By the time we got in our neighborhood I had fallen asleep. The Uber came to a stop and Jahseh tapped my shoulder. We both got out.

"Why are we here?" I asked walking into the store.

"I just want some juice." He replied. I chuckled. Jahseh left off to the snack isle and I went towards the back to fix myself a slushy. I got to the fountain drinks and grabbed a cup. I looked over my shoulder to see Don in the other isle. He noticed me. He walked over to me and leaned into my ear.

"Remember not to ever try me again." He said before walking off to pay for his stuff. I just stood there.

"You good?" Jah said. I slowly nodded and began to walk over to the counter.

"You sure cause I seen you talking to Don." He said following me.

"I think he pulled it." I spoke. X just stared at me. He balled up his fists tight.

"Imma take care of it." He said. I didn't say anything back to him. He put his juice on the counter and I put my slushy up. He then put a 20 on the counter. The cashier gave him his change and we left.

We sat down on the curb outside of the 7/11.

"Thank you." I blurted he looked at me.

"For what?" He simply asked.

"For yesterday, for coming with me toda- just everything." I said. He was staring deep into my eyes.

He's so real. He's not like any other regular nigga from off the block. I want him. I want him now.

"Well no problem. I just thought I'd be there for you. Through hard times. You kno-" I interrupted him by crashing my lips into his.