5| between the sleeping pills

Morose's POV
_______________________
B E T W E E N
T H E
L I N E S
________________

DAD TOLD THEM that he'd think about it.

Should I really call him dad from now on?

As soon as we got home, I brushed past a worried looking Ben and shut my door, making sure to lock it.

I crumpled before I could reach the bed and ended up simply collapsing on the floor, in a burst of sobs.

They were uncontrollable and pathetic, but the feeling of pure humiliation and disgust towards myself and everyone else was overpowering.

I just laid there, crying loudly.

This has never happened before, ever. How could he stoop so low? How could he even think of. . . Of—

"Morose?" Ben calls, banging on the door and I bring my knees up to my chest, muffling my sobs with the fabric of the jeans I wore to school earlier. "Morose, let me in." I sniffed.

Anything else, and I would've. But right now I wanted to peel my skin off of myself. I was to become eighteen in three months, that was too much time because my father had to give them an answer during the next two weeks, a mont for the most.

I couldn't say no, because I was property.

An unwilling sob left me again and his pounding got louder.

"Morose!" He yelled over my crying.

"What is going on here?!" Carla's voice screeches and I push my hands over my ears. I began to hyperventilate.

Ben was screaming, Carla was screaming and Dad, well I don't know where he disappeared to after he dropped me off.

My chest felt like an elephant was sitting on it, I couldn't speak, I couldn't move, I just wanted this to be over.

Why the disease chose to take so long, I don't know.

I was beginning to question it now,

Could I last these eleven months?

_ _ _

The sun scratched at my skin, and I let out a low groan as I sit up from the hard floor.

I felt sticky and distasteful as I stood and removed my T-shirt, stripping off my jeans.

I had no intention of going to school today. Mr. Donavan would just have to hope that 'Enotes.com' had the analysis and summary of the poem.

I walked into my bathroom, avoiding my reflection. I could already visualize my chocolate brown skin and dull brown eyes. My highlight poofy hair, flat on one side from laying on it,and the one thing that revolted me the most.

My body.

Curvy in the right places with the evidence of a semi round stomach and little rolls on the side. Maybe if I was slouched, and lack all the assets this wouldn't be happening.

I scrubbed hard at my body, my tears mixing with the ice cold water.

I just wanted to feel numb.

I step out of the shower, feeling more tired than before.

"Take the pain away." I wish upon the sleeping pill bottle, as I throw three into my mouth. I just wanted to feel so heavy, that my body would have no choice but to give into the darkness.

The darkness seemed favorable right now, the darkness seemed comforting.

I barely remember changing my clothes, much less getting into bed, but I was out like a light, the moment my head hit the pillow.