13| between the night

Morose's POV
_______________________
B E T W E E N
T H E
L I N E S
________________
"Don't mind the errors," ~Cr4vinz

Footsteps sound around me and I tense as Marcus comes to sit next to me.

What have I done?

At that thought I shut off any negative feelings I had, and just allowed myself to breathe.

"Hey." He whispered and I don't know why, but I smiled.

"Hey." I whisper back and we both stare forward, looking at the sea. "You shouldn't be ditching school because of me."

He shrugs, "there's a lot of things I shouldn't be doing, I do them anyway."

Can't disagree with that.

"What are you doing out here?" He questions.

"I come here when I feel pressured." I reply, "when I need peace."

"Did I cause you to feel pressured?"

"A little. But I guess it's reasonable. If I'm just going to end our little brooding friendship it's only just that I give you a reason why, right?" I let out a little laugh and he doesn't say anything. "Truth is I can't tell you right now. . . However,"

I turn to look at him, and thankfully he was already looking at me.

"If you really do want to continue this friendship, I need you to be fully aware that there is a possibility that you'll get hurt." My voice cracks on 'hurt' and he furrows his eyebrows. "I won't do it on purpose, but Marcus, everything is not as it seems, and—,"

I take a deep breathe.

"And I am not what I seem."

"Is this the part where you tell me you're from another planet?" He jokes, obviously trying to cheat me up and I chuckle.

"It would be simpler if it was."

"Well, as for that, I do want to continue this friendship. If me being hurt was he problem from the beginning then you should've let me decide." He says and I run a hand through my roots. "I doubt you'll hurt me though."

I give him a sad smile, deciding to play with the sand under my legs.

Oh Marcus, you don't even know.

"Enough with this depressing stuff. I just heard that I get to continue a friendship with the coolest girl I know. This calls for a celebration."

"A celebration?"

"A celebration."

_ _ _

"Ceeeeeleeebration time, c'mon!" Phor yells happily as he pushes my on the swings and I roll my eyes, a wide grin on my face.

"Don't start." Bentley grumbles immediately and Phor simply ignores him, singing even louder.

Chief, Martin, Bentley and Marcus, were trying to balance on the see saw, two on each side.