18| between the missing remote

Morose's POV
_______________________
B E T W E E N
T H E
L I N E S
________________
"Don't mind the errors," ~Cr4vinz

Entry #2:

I think what the school does wrong mostly, which can actually be a general issue is that they scold young ladies for wearing what they wear, eg: bright colored bras under their shirts, or thin stringer tops on a hot day, or shorts, because it isn't 'appropriate," but I know it's because we think that it'll distract the boys.

Instead of concentrating on that, we should learn to teach our teenage boys, and future generation of men, to see, and control themselves, to respect women, no matter what they choose to wear, and to learn to concentrate on what's really important, it is unfair.

But it won't change will it?

* * *

"This, is your apartment?" I ask incredulously, nearly losing my footing as I spin. "This isn't an apartment Ben."

"I know, it's a penthouse, but I didn't want you to overeact and not come."

"How much did you spend on this?" I ask in the same incredulous term. "I'm sure you're not just renting it."

"I still have a little to pay off, mostly because I know the owner and he felt generous enough to not allow me to pay all of it, but just over a million, Nothing much."

I turn to face him, ready to pull my head out by the fistfuls.

"What? Marly's gonna cut me off anyway after he realizes I've left and taken you, and although I have a nice sum of money stacked in my back account, I'd rather spend his on the bigger things."

"Dad has an account with you?"

"No, he just gave me access to his account for "whatever I may need,' when he married mom." I nod.

"What do you think?" There was a beach outside, and that made me even more tempted to stay. Not to mention that I could see the entire of our city from here, it was beautiful.

"How many rooms?"

"Just three. I figured we'd need a guest bedroom if anything."

"If Eilena?" I wiggle my eyebrows and he rolls his eyes.

"Eilena and I didn't make it." I frown. "She was just another gold digger, believe it or not."

"Oh." It made me sad. The rare times my brother did decide to date, he was always heart broken, always let down.

"But, it did help me to realize that the only woman that I should be focusing on right now, is my sister." He grabs my shoulder and pulls me into a bone crushing hug. "How was the party?"

"It was good." I squeak, almost out of breath and he lets me go. "Marcus is really a good kid. He stayed with me the whole night, and I really didn't have a sip of alcohol."

"Mm, that's good, I'd like to spend some time with this Marcus, you could possibly invite him to spend a day with us."

I roll my eyes.

"We have more complicated stuff to talk about, like how were gonna explain this to dad and—,"

"Ya ya ya," Ben waves it off. "I left mom a note, we have the weekend to wing it out before one of them comes knocking on my door." He flicks my nose and I giggle slightly.

"Now, I'm gonna order some food, choose any room and get settled, your bag is on the couch. Tomorrow be up early we're going everything shopping!" He makes weird hand gestures and I stare at him blankly before he simply stops and rolls his eyes.

"You're just a party pooper."

I retrieve my bag from the living room, and sigh once I'm in silence. The waves crashing nearby had my heart thumping with excitement, with profound peace. How could my life completely change in just a few weeks?

It was terrifying how good things were, because I know that once there were good days, the bad days didn't lurk very far.

My room was a cool blue, literally, there was no ac remote, and it was stuck on the lowest number. Situated under my comforter, the coldness gave me no motivation to eat the pizza in front of me that Ben so graciously ordered. Netflix lit up the screen, but I couldn't focus on the overrated movie that was Birdbox.

It was when my phone lit up with an unread message that I realized what my night was missing.

WhatsApp
*Marcus*

Hope everything is okay, sleep tight.

Me: Did you seriously just text me that at minutes to two in the morning?

I did, why?

Norhing, how'd you know I wasn't sleeping?

I didn't, I thought that you'd just see it in the morning if you didn't see it now.

Hmm, you're a strange one.

That I am.

My fingers hesitate before I continue say screw it and throw away my pride hesitantly.

Tonight was amazing. Thanks.

You're more than welcome sweet cheeks.

Ugh, do not call me that

Fine fine, anyway, I'm barely staying awake here, talk to you in the morning?

Sure, goodnight.

Goodnight.

I don't know why but I feel stupid. Letting out a loud aggravated growl/groan, I drop my head onto the bed and sigh.

I can't afford to catch feelings. That would be stupid of me, very stupid.

What would be even more stupid, is to think that even if things were looking up to me me now, that it would stop the disease that was currently growing around me head.

It won't.

Which is why everything in my mind, and life, is short lived. Because it won't last. It never does.

* * *

A/N:

The entries are for her school assignment, and I will no longer be incorporating it with the chapters unless necessary.

Eg: "School is a prison," I wrote while sipping on hot chocolate.

Nope, it will be written on its own, as if on the computer screen.

That's about it 💀 Cheerio.