19| between the lazy performers

Morose's POV
_______________________
B E T W E E N
T H E
L I N E S
________________
"Don't mind the errors," ~Cr4vinz

"Can you move faster?" I glare at the back of Ben's head as I push the very heavy trolly through the aisle. After buying a whole leap of unnecessary stuff at the furniture store, Apple, and other electronic stores, we were finally at our last destination, the grocery stores.

"Don't you think dad will find it strange that his numbers are going down by the thousands."

"You're not aware of how wealthy he is, are you?" Ben turns suddenly, almost causing my to crash into him and the throw him another glare. "Every five minutes another ten grand is thrown into the account, he's not at work all the time for no reason, this man knows what he's doing."

Five minutes?

Yeesh.

"Do we really need all this st—,"

"Gosh, do you know how many people would've gladly just grabbed everything with no complaints." He raises an eyebrow and I roll my eyes.

"Whatever. Just hurry up my foot aches."

That definitely wasn't a lie, I've been up since twelve, it's four thirty right about now.

We finally made it to the cashiers, and out the door as we load the millions of plastic bags into the truck.

It's my turn to connect my phone, and the first song I play is Eden- Drugs.

"How do you listen to this crap?" He turns up his face and changes the song, I slap his hand away.

"How dare you!"

"It was terrible!"

"Oh, and you're long time 'blues' are just so melodic." I purse my lips and he nods.

"Harmonious."

I'm silenced by kiiara's Gold, and soon both of us are mumbling our own nonsense at the chorus.

"Roof is falling, love me love, oh oh the snow." I try my best not to scream at Ben's terrible interpretation at the chorus, so I simply let him do this thing.

When we arrive, he has people who bring up the groceries for our lazy selves.

After they're all in the room, we begin unpacking, only for the door bell to ring.

"Did you invite that boy?" Ben asks and I furrow my eyebrows, shaking my head.

"I didn't."

Ben shakes off his hand before leaving to get the door. I shrug it off and continue stuffing the fridge.

"Morose!" An angry voice calls and my heart clenches. I knew it.

"Get Out! Or I'll call the cops!" My father emerges into the kitchen, and I stand, utterly terrified as he glares at me.

"Let's go." He grabs my arm harshly and I was unsure whether I should fight back, or give in.

"You are not going anywhere with her." Ben growls, his fist landing on my father's face and I jump away, surprised by his actions.

"Ben. . ."

"You took her here without my permission," Marly sneers rubbing his chin. "And then you try to drain my bank account?"

"I'm not draining anything, I was making the both of us comfortable, I hope you like our new home."

"Morose isn't staying here, I'm her father, and you are not her legal guardian."

"Don't worry, I'll get there." Ben steps in front of me, crossing his arms. I was thankful that he was acting as a shield from my father's harsh gaze.

"Morose. You better get over here right now, you know what I'm capable of." He says, and I close my eyes.

Don't do it.

"Five," He counts.

"Four,"

"Three," my heart echos in my chest, he could ruin Ben. He could. . . He could.  .

"Two," I cant make anyone's life worse.

"One."

"O—," before I could finish Ben spoke up.

"Leave. Before I call the cops." I peel over his arm, and my father slowly smirks.

"You will be blocked from using any, of my cards, and I will be back. Don't think you've escaped." He directs his last words at me before he leaves. The door slams, and I press my palm against the island to steady myself.

"Morose. . .," I shake my head at him. I didn't want to hear anything.

"You know what I'm capable of. "

My palms were sweaty, my legs weak. I felt light headed, and there was an unexplainable heat.

With a shaky breath, I dash upstairs and grab a coat, before leaving Ben sitting on a stool, his face desolate.