15| between the personal question

Morose's POV
_______________________
B E T W E E N
T H E
L I N E S
________________
"Don't mind the errors," ~Cr4vinz

"The worst type of people are not the people who claim they don't understand, but the people who say they understand yet they don't. They still laugh at your situation, they don't know what it feels like y'know? Sometimes. . . Sometimes I just wish I didn't have to be here." I was inside one of the bathroom stalls, avoiding English class as I played 'Helix Jump' on my phone. Two girls stepped in, one crying and the other simply comforting.

I haven't seen Marcus for the day yet.

"Vel," The friend begins. "It gets better."

Vel let's out a bitter laugh.

"This is life Dae. It never gets better. Maybe it soothes over for a while, but comes back to hit you ten times as worse. I don't know how much longer I can take this." She whispers the last part and they're both quiet. "Anyway, let's get back to class."

They leave, and I let out a breath, running a hand over my face.

It had finally hit me that I was going to be used for my body by three men. I felt disgusted. I felt like I could already feel their hands all over me, I felt like an item.

After crying my eyes out while listening to sad music, I decided that I wasn't going to let this happen. Dad could throw all the slaps, and have Carla throw as many bottles as he liked, there was no way I was going to allow such terrible things happen to me. And if it got to the point where I couldn't do it on my own,

Then I would have to tell Ben.

_ _ _

"Hey."

"Hey." Marcus sits right next to me for lunch, and I eye him. He looks a bit irritated as he plops into his seat. He had a hat on backwards, and his usual skinny jeans with a red polo shirt.

"Everything okay?" I raise an eyebrow and he shrugs.

"Everything's fine." He says curtly and I nod slowly.

"Alright then, tell me, what're your plans for the weekend?"

"Nothing much, actually, I wanted to ask you," I raise an eyebrow. "Chief and the gang are hosting one of their garage parties, I was wondering if you could come?"

At the sound of Chief and the rest of the boys, I immediately felt excited, but yet, I couldn't help but feel a little hesitant at the word "party".

"Maybe." I shrug and he sighs.

"Maybe? C'mon, it would be really fun."

"No doubt." I state truthfully. I've been to these before, and they were off the charts. "But parties aren't really my scene anymore."

"Well, you have my number so you'll let me know, yea?"

"Sure."

We sit in silence for five minutes, and Marcus kept glancing at me, unsure. I could tell because his knee was practically lifting the table everything it bounced against it.

"Is there something you want to say?" I ask, slightly amused and he runs a hand over his waves.

"Well. . . I just. . . Want to ask a question?"

"What is it?" He bit his lip, and my eyes immediately follow the movement. I felt my neck heat up as I hurriedly looked away and cleared my throat softly. "Spit it out."

"How comes nobody seems to know about Gray and you?" I take in a sharp breath, the unexpected question hitting me hard as Marcus sat across from me looking more confused than ever. "I mean, everyone knew that he was a bully, but for something so big to happen and not even a peep of gossip, that's kinda weird."

I close my eyes, and hug my notebook closer to my stomach.

"I'm sorry. It must be—,"

"Come with me." I stand, reaching out my hand and he stares at it. "Come on before I change me mind." I say urgently, already aware that this was a bad idea.

But I couldn't stop myself.

You only live once and if Marcus was the only outside soul that knew what was really going on, I think I like my chances with him.