8| between the library doors

Morose's POV
_______________________
B E T W E E N
T H E
L I N E S
________________
"Don't mind the errors," ~Cr4vinz

"IT'S CRAZY ISN'T it? How Jose Martin, after being thrown in jail by he hands of his own friend, actually forgave him." I explained, my hands shaking a bit. Marcus stared at me, flashing encouraging smiles, and thumbs up here and there, while the class remained neutral.

"How many of us would've actually forgave someone, or friend for putting us in prison? I don't think any of us would. But he wrote an entire poem, white roses possibly representing surrender, but definitely representing forgiveness."

"As a little side note," I close my book filled with notes. "We should forgive people, no matter how heinous the act they did to us was. We should be able to let it out of our hearts, because if we don't," I shift my gaze to Jenin. "It will eat you alive."

_ _ _

"Have you considered being a poet?" Marcus questions as we walk towards the cafeteria, and I roll my eyes.

"You know Marcus, poets write poems, not just read them."

"So? What does that notebook you have all the time contain?" I froze.

"How do you know about it?"

"You always have it in your hand." He replies, furrowing an eyebrow. "You hide it when I arrive though."

"Oh." I resume walking and he sighs.

"Will you ever tell me what's going on?"

"What do you mean?" I play dumb as we enter the library.

"Morose, something's up. I know we've just met but I want you to feel like you can trust me." My eyes widen.

"Trust you?" It came out sharper than I intended, a short laugh leaving my lips and he takes a step back, his face etched into one of confusion.

"Yes," he nods slowly. "Trust me."

"I'm sorry." I had to end this. "I honestly don't know what I was thinking when I entertained whatever notion you had that we could be friends, but we cannot." His face doesn't change as he looks down at me, he grabs my arm and pulls me into the empty hallway. Smart choice

"You've heard about me before, I'm sure. I'm the freak who doesn't have friends, who doesn't know how to hold a conversation, I'm the freak who stays at the back of the school hoping to disappear."

Shut up.

"I'm sorry Marcus. But we can't be friends, and I can't trust you." I turn to walk away.

"Why? Because of Gray?" I froze.

"How do you know about that?" I ask immediately. My heart rate had sped up as he shook his head.

"Are you honestly shutting out everyone from your life because of some. . . Some douchebag who's in jail—?"

"Shut up." I snap. "Just. . Just shut. Up."

"You think I'll do what he did to you Morose?"

He walks towards me, and I walk backwards.