ONE: FOR ME TO KNOW

Alex's eyes popped open and were met by the sun shining brightly through the thin curtains

Alex's eyes popped open and were met by the sun shining brightly through the thin curtains. She had apparently fallen asleep while studying. Crap, what time is it? She thought to herself. She jumped up and grabbed her phone off the dresser to the left of her bed, checking the time. 4:40, the game was starting at 5:00. Alex spring out of bed and dig through the closet to find her red jersey and black shorts. She quickly threw her pajamas on her bed and put on her uniform. As she got dressed, Alex noticed that Hope's bed was empty but there was a post-it note stuck to her nightstand.

She stuck out her hand, the post-it flying right into her palm. Went to Atlanta to find a werewolf -Hope. Alex could sometimes see why Lizzie and Josie were jealous of Hope. She and Headmaster Saltzman were always on recruitment trips or in private training sessions. Alex didn't care, that wasn't any of her business. She pulled her hair into a ponytail, leaving a piece out in the front to tuck behind her ear before dropping to the ground to put on her sneakers. Once they were tied, she threw the note in the trash before running out of the room. Alex bobbed and weaved through the other students in the hallway, practically sliding down the stairs

As she approached the door, she almost ran Headmaster Saltzman and some boy down. "Slow down, Alexandra!" He said to her as she put her thumb up and continued to run. Making a sharp right at the corner, she saw the twins halfway down the hallway, standing in front of the chemistry classroom. When Alex got closer, the girls eyes snapped her way. "Morning, girls" She smiled. "Morning, Alex" They replied with an equal expression. Alex took a quick look at the boy standing in between them. Rafael did the same, turning his head to look at the young witch passing by.

He must be the new werewolf, she thought to herself. She could just feel it. Alex turned her head back forward just as a little boy with honey colored skin stepped out in front of her with a couple of books in his arms. She knocked right in to him, the books falling out of his hands. Alex spun around and stretched her hand out, freezing the books midair. "Sorry Pedro!" She called out behind her, turning left down the hallway that led to outside. Once she was outside, Alex broke off the path, heading to the turret to find her brother.

The turret was a small building on the Salvatore property that wasn't used by the school. It was the place where the Senior students went to smoke weed. It was also the place where Alex usually found Nate. Nate was like a mix of their dad and a teenage Uncle Jeremy. Meanwhile Alex lucked up and got the good parts, their mom and Uncle Stefan. Don't get her wrong though, when she lost her temper, she could be a spitting image of their dad. Alex walked down the hill to the vacant building, seeing Nate a few yards away with his back towards her.

She was going to scare him but decided against it. "Dude, c'mon. My game starts in 7 minutes" Alex said, stepping over the old brick barrier to lean against the wall next to him. "Ugh, I have to go to that?" He rolled his eyes and lifted the joint to his lips, the end glowing orange. In the distance, the twins and Rafael appeared at the top of the hill. He thought that since it was a magic school, they would be smoking something like eye of newt or sage. His eyes set on Alex once again though she could not see him. The twins were pointing, showing him other things on the property, but he wasn't really listening. Eventually, the girls noticed he wasn't listening and followed his gaze.